Dexter Outdoors

SDTuna

Oct 3, 2010
Colorado
Name
WBHCO
Boat
No Name
Last LR trip was 2012 on the Indy. Been hunting and fly fishing but an old high school friend (Dino) Bob Cherry invited me on the Charkbait trip.
I’ve never fished the RR III so would like some forum insights. Dino loves the boat and the crew that’s for sure but other thoughts are most welcomed.

20BA4E7F-6C1C-444A-A77F-38D9077448C6.jpeg

54F4E8CA-01EE-497E-B719-05306A0D1A9F.jpeg

Reactions: kbray001 and lee337
Upvote 0

SDTuna

Oct 3, 2010
Colorado
Name
WBHCO
Boat
No Name
Dino is number 35 massapequa high school 1964

Last LR trip was 2012 on the Indy. Been hunting and fly fishing but an old high school friend (Dino) Bob Cherry invited me on the Charkbait trip.
I’ve never fished the RR III so would like some forum insights. Dino loves the boat and the crew that’s for sure but other thoughts are most welcomed.

View attachment 1236251

View attachment 1236252

Reactions: Pangamaster
Upvote 0

Tymeflyme

Almost A Member
Feb 14, 2012
Albuquerque
Name
Vince
Boat
Isabel
Great time of year to fish an 8 day on the Rooster,it's going to be fun. Hope the wahoo are thick and abundant and maybe those slug yellowtail will be at Alijos Bank again; I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!!

Upvote 0

Workplacesafety

Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses
  • Feb 20, 2010
    Long Beach Ca.
    Name
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats
    I was on that trip this year. Very good variety and a $700.00 5-Star processing invoice. My Brother and I will be there next year.

Reactions: RichG
    Upvote 0

Bill W

tunaholic
  • Jan 12, 2006
    Chino Hills, Ca.
    Name
    Bill Walsh
    Boat
    Red Rooster
    He has a 7 to 1 and an extended handle. Wahoo Bob or Cherry (wahoo) Bomb.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Does Bob like fishing Wahoo? Let me set the scene for you. It was June Heat, 2009, my first long trip to the lower zone. Kite was producing nicely, caught my first two cows that trip, both on the kite. Bob was throwing bombs, cast after cast. We had ridiculously good Wahoo fishing on this trip. The crew had to go get him and make him reel in and rack the rod for him to take his turn on the kite. Bob, you’re up. I know, I know.

Upvote 0

SDTuna

Oct 3, 2010
    Colorado
    Name
    WBHCO
    Boat
    No Name
    Cherry “Bomb” is so appropriate for Dino. He knows some secrets that few have captured.

it will be an honor to share the rail with my HS friend

His dad used to take me fishing when we lived in Massapequa.

Reactions: Bill W
    Upvote 0

SDTuna

Oct 3, 2010
    Colorado
    Name
    WBHCO
    Boat
    No Name
    Does Bob like fishing Wahoo? Let me set the scene for you. It was June Heat, 2009, my first long trip to the lower zone. Kite was producing nicely, caught my first two cows that trip, both on the kite. Bob was throwing bombs, cast after cast. We had ridiculously good Wahoo fishing on this trip. The crew had to go get him and make him reel in and rack the rod for him to take his turn on the kite. Bob, you’re up. I know, I know.
    Tenacity was never an issue with Dino.

Upvote 0

SDTuna

Oct 3, 2010
    Colorado
    Name
    WBHCO
    Boat
    No Name
    Cherry “Bomb” is so appropriate for Dino. He knows some secrets that few have captured.

it will be an honor to share the rail with my HS friend

His dad used to take me fishing when we lived in Massapequa.

Upvote 0