Heading out of Dana on Monday. First time in new parker 2120 with son..info needed

PENN

walkersoccer

Jun 29, 2015
Name
roy
Boat
parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
im from Ventura and have had my new to me parker 2120 for 2 months. Missed all the tuna action this season so seriously considering heading down to launch from Dana harbor on Monday. I will be with my boy and he has never caught a tuna.

Never been out of Dana and don't know the areas at all. Sounds like the bite is relatively close to the harbor at the upper 9. Anyone heading out tomorrow or advice and distance would be greatly appreciated. Is there bait to be made or buy in the harbor? Otherwise I have feathers, rapalas and cedar plugs.

Thanks,

Roy

Upvote 0

gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Can I recommend waking up a few hours earlier and heading out of sd? Tempbreak.com check out the 9 and 182

Upvote 0

walkersoccer

Jun 29, 2015
Name
roy
Boat
parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that the fish were within 10 miles or so of Dana Harbor. Is that wrong? How far is the North Nine,209 or 182 from Dana?

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Dana landing in Mission Bay, or Dana Point Harbor?

Upvote 0

badgerbacker

Jun 30, 2009
Silverado, CA
Name
Dave
Boat
Whaler, Hobie, Kaboat
There is some fish outside Dana Point, but as others mentioned, it is much better off the San Diego banks. I was off Dana Point yesterday along with two buddy boats and managed to find two peanuts. You probably don't want to run down to the 9 in the boat, trailering to SD makes more sense if you want to fish those banks. I will be out of Dana again on Monday, but will probably ending up looking for Yellowtail most of the time.

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
Dana landing, Mission Bay to 9 mile bank= 10 miles

Dana Point to 9 mile bank = 50 miles

Saturday the fish were at 45/35

Reactions: Fish Asassin
Upvote 0

walkersoccer

Jun 29, 2015
Name
roy
Boat
parker 2120 yam 150 hpdi
Sorry I didn't report back sooner. I saw that someone was upset that I asked for information but never said thanks or reported back..

So, thanks for all your help everyone and this is the report....

We didn't go because my son fractured his back and now has to wear a back brace for 5 months. He can still fish but didn't want to make that long trip..

Hopefully we will get another shot and I will reach out again for info.

Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat
uh....
Some guys get their panties in a wad over nothing.

Sorry to hear about your son, hoping for a speedy recovery.

Reactions: catalin
Upvote 0