la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Long time BDer but not around much anymore.
My wife and I are retired and spend our life traveling around the world.
My knees have put a damper on that along with fishing . I just had to stop. After being the best mate on a boat I got to where I cant walk well. Have a new knee coming May 1 and hope I can put off the Hips surgery's.
But the point of the post.
We are in Costa Rica where we have had a home for 18 years. We spend one or two months a year down here. Lots of you come down to fish and do family vacations.
Were here because of family and wife's life long friends.

We were heading back to San Diego on 4/2 for my pre OP appointment. But with the Corona V changing the world Costa Rica is closing there borders as many other countrys. So when this came up on Monday I scrambled to change out flights. If no flights are coming in it would hard to get out. We fly home tomorrow.

So this thing went from zero to 60 here quickly. And there are reacting strongly and properly. But it's been something to watch. Mt Uncle has a restaurant/bar that has been the go to place in central San Jose for 90 plus years open all night. If your a Tico you took your dates there after your clubs closed. So they had to let go 80% of there workerslast night. Closing all bars and the places and having people were work from home. Its appropriate and measured.

Mexico is not acting and reading a going to Cabo post made me write this post. My wife watches tv in Spanish and I was disappointed in what I see. They are ripe to be hit hard. And have no resources to deal with the fallout. Just DONT GO.
I've been reading on my travel web site of thousands of people trying to get home . With so many trips ,flight, hotels closing around the world. Countless cruise ship that cant unload there passengers. People sitting in foreign airports trying to get a flight home.

This will be a big hit on the World and financial hit. We will recover.
I hope that we wake up and bring back manufacturing back home. I have yelled for years that China is not our friends and when they make all your arms and replacements parts we are F--ked . I hope this changes for us .

So we are all in for a tough ride and many will need s hand up. Help where you can. Look out for family, neighbors and friends. We will get though this.

Be safe.
Frank aka la vida

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Well do!
Thank you

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
Holy shit. Hope the don’t cancel your knee operation. Still will be nice to be back on the states Be safe.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Holy shit. Hope the don’t cancel your knee operation. Still will be nice to be back on the states Be safe.
God I'm hoping it goes on. This has been a horrible couple of years for me. I remember the day three or four years ago. Hooked a nice Yellow at the Rock Pile and it headed to the pointie end of the boat and I couldnt make the step up on the boat to get to the bow. Lost the fish and my live went down hill sence. Been on max pain drugs for 1-1/2 years and weening off those now, not fun. Lost 80 lb so far to be able quality for the surgery.
It's been a tough road. Looking forward to getting my life back.

dragonballs

I'm off probation
Mar 28, 2008
Arlington WA
Name
Vance
Boat
40' ocean sport fisher
I had mine replaced a year and 1/2 ago. Took about 3 months Pretty painful recovery but the key is th physical therapy and than you will say fuck. I should have done this years ago. I lived with the pain of bone on bone for toooooo long. Best wishes.

Reactions: la vida

pele

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 20, 2009
Ventura
Name
ken
Boat
I found out the hard way about boats
I went through the same thing with my rotator cuff while I was living in Costa Rica,Didn't sleep more than 1 1/2 hours straight for 7 months until I was finally scheduled for surgery in the U.S.Got so bad I actually considered just paying out of pocket for the procedure there but I had another operation in Costa Rica and they totally screwed it up.
Anyways,my daughter and her mom live there and 2 weeks ago I begged them to go to Price Smart and stock up;it's coming.They sent crying laughing emojis and said I was crazy.They finally just got it this weekend when things started shutting down in mass and the cases started to climb.Now I get texts saying "what should we do next".
Anybody thinking of traveling should be aware that it might be where they end up for awhile.
Oh and btw,the surgery was totally worth it.

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
I went through the same thing with my rotator cuff while I was living in Costa Rica,Didn't sleep more than 1 1/2 hours straight for 7 months until I was finally scheduled for surgery in the U.S.Got so bad I actually considered just paying out of pocket for the procedure there but I had another operation in Costa Rica and they totally screwed it up.
Anyways,my daughter and her mom live there and 2 weeks ago I begged them to go to Price Smart and stock up;it's coming.They sent crying laughing emojis and said I was crazy.They finally just got it this weekend when things started shutting down in mass and the cases started to climb.Now I get texts saying "what should we do next".
Anybody thinking of traveling should be aware that it might be where they end up for awhile.
Oh and btw,the surgery was totally worth it.
Yes my wife went to the local Mas Por Menos grocery stop last night to get some coffee and thing we like to bring home. Always go bags full and return bags empty.
Well there was a long line only letting three people in when three left so about forty people only in a large store. Things changing fast.

Rocket Dog

Tagging and Bagging
Mar 2, 2010
Glendora
Name
Rocket Dog
Boat
passenger again
Long time BDer but not around much anymore.
My wife and I are retired and spend our life traveling around the world.
My knees have put a damper on that along with fishing . I just had to stop. After being the best mate on a boat I got to where I cant walk well. Have a new knee coming May 1 and hope I can put off the Hips surgery's.
But the point of the post.
We are in Costa Rica where we have had a home for 18 years. We spend one or two months a year down here. Lots of you come down to fish and do family vacations.
Were here because of family and wife's life long friends.

We were heading back to San Diego on 4/2 for my pre OP appointment. But with the Corona V changing the world Costa Rica is closing there borders as many other countrys. So when this came up on Monday I scrambled to change out flights. If no flights are coming in it would hard to get out. We fly home tomorrow.

So this thing went from zero to 60 here quickly. And there are reacting strongly and properly. But it's been something to watch. Mt Uncle has a restaurant/bar that has been the go to place in central San Jose for 90 plus years open all night. If your a Tico you took your dates there after your clubs closed. So they had to let go 80% of there workerslast night. Closing all bars and the places and having people were work from home. Its appropriate and measured.

Mexico is not acting and reading a going to Cabo post made me write this post. My wife watches tv in Spanish and I was disappointed in what I see. They are ripe to be hit hard. And have no resources to deal with the fallout. Just DONT GO.
I've been reading on my travel web site of thousands of people trying to get home . With so many trips ,flight, hotels closing around the world. Countless cruise ship that cant unload there passengers. People sitting in foreign airports trying to get a flight home.

This will be a big hit on the World and financial hit. We will recover.
I hope that we wake up and bring back manufacturing back home. I have yelled for years that China is not our friends and when they make all your arms and replacements parts we are F--ked . I hope this changes for us .

So we are all in for a tough ride and many will need s hand up. Help where you can. Look out for family, neighbors and friends. We will get though this.

Be safe.
Frank aka la vida

Thanks for the boots on the ground report Frank. This is no joke for most including me. This will be with us for a long time. The gov't will continue to lock down as weeks if not days go by until it chokes the economy and healthcare system. Stay safe...

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Frank, if possible, you might want to call your surgeon here to see if they are cancelling and rescheduling surgeries because of the virus. This might make your travel frustration a mute point. Good luck to you and yours!

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Frank, please be careful coming home. I hope everything goes well.
I had a knee replaced 5 years ago.
Before your operation, you will go to a class that explains the procedure and after care. Do the exercises they give you before the operation as well as after.
I'm not sure if it was the exercises or just my ability to heal. But the day after they did my surgery, I had 80% range of motion, and no pain.
I'll pray for your speedy recovery.

Reactions: la vida and mrkrabs

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Hi Guys
Just an update.
Left CR at 6am the plane was at 30% we were fortunate to be in the pointy end but the rest of the plane was empty it seemed. Flight attendants said they didn't know if they would be returning as today started Costa Rica ban on incoming foreigners. So I'm thinking we made a smart move by leaving early.
In Phoenix airport and its strangely empty. Most shops closed. Heading to SD soon.
Take care and thanks for the messages and support.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Be safe Frank, been awhile, eh? Wondered where you went! :)

Reactions: la vida

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
Be safe Frank, been awhile, eh? Wondered where you went! :)
Moved way out to El Cajon with all you strange east people 😎.
Home safe and sound. We had about 20 people in the last plane.
Wow? Cant buy toilet paper??

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you about that. While you've been gone....

Bidets are coming into fashion! So is $8 single rolls of toilet paper. We're hoping for emergency legistration for open season on price gougers. Welcome home!

Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
Hope your surgery was able to be done and everything went well. My wife was scheduled for a hip replacement on April 3rd but had it canceled. They aren't doing any non-essential operations right now in NoCal. Pushed her back to July.

Crazy times, be safe everyone