kickemall

Sep 4, 2003
Humboldt
Visit site
Name
Dave
Boat
want bigger and badder
I'm going to be in PV (never been there) after Christmas until about the 5th of Jan. and wanting to fish some. I'm with a bunch of people that don't fish so I'll be by myself. I really don't care what I catch, except maybe not Cabrilla and not planning on keeping anything but would like some action. Plan on a couple days and am good with Pangas or smaller sportfishers. Never fished Roosters so if they're around wouldn't mind trying those. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. I don't mind driving out of PV a resonable distance to catch a boat if the fishing is better. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Only been to PV in summer. Down the coast
    at Mismaloya Beach Hotel. Rented a panga
    and all we caught were baby yellowtail just
    outside the surf. A few small rockfish around
    that hump island-back of Panga Pic. You need
    to go on a 2-3 day trip offshore for big tuna.

Mismaloya.jpg

mismaloya-beachpangas.jpg

Reactions: kickemall
    Upvote 0

Magilla

Dec 27, 2013
    Queen Creek, Arizona US
    Name
    Thomas Behrens
    Boat
    Currently do not own a boat
    Don't let them kid you. The fishing in December will be great. There are lots of different choices regarding charter services. I'll be there from 11-25 to 12-8 and will be going out with Marlas and then out on a couple of panga trips. As far as sharing a charter or boat I've never done that and have never thought about doing that as I don't play well with others. You can feel free to call or text me (Tom 602 300 0034) after the 10th of December and I would be happy to share any info I have with you. I stay in old town and have been going down there 2+ times a year for the last 8 years.

Upvote 0

cory g

Aug 4, 2018
    Shelter Cove - Nor Cal
    Name
    Cory Green
    Boat
    19' Trophy CC
    Check out the fishing rebels. Jonny Ocean set us up on the boat “Kate” and had an epic day catching mahi at corbetania.

I'm going to be in PV (never been there) after Christmas until about the 5th of Jan. and wanting to fish some. I'm with a bunch of people that don't fish so I'll be by myself. I really don't care what I catch, except maybe not Cabrilla and not planning on keeping anything but would like some action. Plan on a couple days and am good with Pangas or smaller sportfishers. Never fished Roosters so if they're around wouldn't mind trying those. Any recommendations would be much appreciated. I don't mind driving out of PV a resonable distance to catch a boat if the fishing is better. Thanks!

If you wanna catch roosters…I’d hit up Jamy Langlier with High Tides fishing. He set us up with Capt. Gabriel on the 28’ super panga “Roosterfish”. We just got back from a trip with them out of Marina Vallarta and they didn’t disappoint.

If you wanna get offshore…I’d contact Jonny Ocean with the fishing rebels. Captain Oscar and his deckhand Carlos run the 28’ luhrs express “Kate” out of Marina Vallarta. These guys have it dialed and don’t disappoint.

PM me if you want contact info for either

Reactions: kickemall
    Upvote 0

kickemall

Sep 4, 2003
    Humboldt
    Visit site
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    want bigger and badder
    Don't let them kid you. The fishing in December will be great. There are lots of different choices regarding charter services. I'll be there from 11-25 to 12-8 and will be going out with Marlas and then out on a couple of panga trips. As far as sharing a charter or boat I've never done that and have never thought about doing that as I don't play well with others. You can feel free to call or text me (Tom 602 300 0034) after the 10th of December and I would be happy to share any info I have with you. I stay in old town and have been going down there 2+ times a year for the last 8 years.
    Thanks and I'll be giving you a ring.

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
    Jul 27, 2009
    Seattle, Wa
    Name
    Jeff Nelson
    Boat
    255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
    I would highly recommend Danny Gomez. Dhamar sportfishing see my recent post or many others on here for reference of his work. As good of fishing as you can get doing the one day panga thing.
    Of course if you can hop on with @G-Spot cant go wrong with that either.

35A034F6-D56A-4F34-9BFD-5204915BD183.jpeg

Upvote 0

G-Spot

Captain
  • Mar 14, 2008
    Salem/OR/USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
    I just spent 17 days there and got home Monday.

Danny Gomez is a solid option especially for inshore and out to Corbentenia. He was getting bait last week at the same time as us, I have not fished with him in years, but he has always been fishy! He is out of LaCruz, so if you're not renting a car it's a long cab ride from PV.

If you want to get away from your people for a day or two and want a shot at a giant tuna then Marla's Sportfishing (Osuna's) on the No Tuna No Chinga for overnight trips would be a great trip. They are hands down the group that fishes out at Tres Marias more than anyone else. It is rare that I am out there and at least one of their boats isn't there. Not sure if they have any open seats or you would be willing to leave your people, but that is a fish of a lifetime if you get one.

I have a friend in Nuevo that could put you in touch with several local guys as well. He is well known on our dock, he runs a 90' party boat, fishes sometimes, but knows lots of local guys. Many local guys know how to fish, but Gomez and guys like him get a good reputation for a reason. If you want to branch out hit me up and I'll give you my friend's contact.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0

PhatAir4Me

Quit Wishing, Go Fishing.
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bend, Oregon USA
    Name
    JP
    Boat
    "Skool Bus" - 2004 Calabria ProV I
    For a Panga day trip you cannot beat Danny Gomez with Dhamar Sportfishing! I went out with him Thursday 11-18, we made our way out to Corbentena and the count for the day was two nice Dorado, a Rainbow Runner, two Skippies, a MONSTER Sailfish and a Yellowfin Tuna that was jiust over 100lbs. Write up coming soon but we just got back last night and I am fighting a killer case of TD!

Besides putting you on fish something I love about Danny is as soon as the current bite is over the fish gets cleaned, bagged and buried in ice! I brought home 60 lbs of quality fish!

Upvote 0