A "reel" Bill Collector
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado and So Cal
Name
Ryan Boettcher
Boat
44' Post Sportfish
Guys,

I'm from Colorado and am a private boater. My boat is in San Diego at Kona Kai. I routinely fish Mexican waters and have all the right documents, passports, etc to be legit. Last 2 trips we had limits of Dorado. My dad is coming out with me this weekend and I'm willing to run as far as I need to in order to put him on the fish this Saturday and Sunday.

I've heard conflicting reports that all the fish are up north...but so are all the people which can make the fishdope.com catch report page seem a bit scewed. I've also heard that the Kidney Bank is producing well also.

I'd appreciate you weighing in and helping make the decision to go north or south. Great year fellas. Dang epic.

Tight Lines,

Capt. Ryan

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
Not sure, but I have only been seeing rat reports up north.
If you are North of Cat, that a different issue, but your boat is in Diego.

jigstrike

SCUBA Spearing Daddy
Feb 28, 2004
Sabre Springs
Name
Tom McKinney
Boat
Pacific Option, a 2006 Tiara 3000 Open
With out giving away info i pay extra for over in fiahdope, i would say Look at the maps and use the bitezone overlay, shows a good spot in us waters not far from home. Troll for wahoo or head to mexican waters nd find the dorado on the whale and as a last resort there is that kelp that can fish 20 boats for small fish. Read the detailed reports not just the overlay with the numbers.

I just started running my own larger boat this year after mostly diving before and finding fish aint easy. Let me know if you need a hand Saturday and maybe i can get the time off from the wife. Currently have a tira 3000 so i can drive and know how to keep things going smoothly. I can clean too, even though i usually make my crew do it

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
If you want dodos/tuna larger than 5# go south. Hidden, etc.

If you want stripers, U. Hidden.

If you want hoo, troll the 9. If you have docs don't leave out Pukey.

If you want a trophy blue, drag big lures on heavy line and look at the areas with warm water and little tuna. Last weekend the 43 was my vote and a 677 was landed there. It isn't fluke fishing. There is a genuine bite happening but few are really targeting them.

Reactions: stangclassic66

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
there is WAY WAY WAY less boat pressure below the border......

......just sayin. :D

oh, yeah, my new friends have a cool boat!

20151011_123853(1).jpg

Posted Up

A "reel" Bill Collector
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado and So Cal
Name
Ryan Boettcher
Boat
44' Post Sportfish
Guys, thanks much for the reply. I too have the fishdope subscription and find it valuable. I'm fishing Saturday and Sunday and will probably target the blues. Yesterday the guy across the dock from be texted that he caught a 9' blue, tagged and release it. It was a previously tagged fish from HAWAII. He just got the email this morning. I think a lot of these blues are coming in from all over. Not just Baja.

Thanks again for the thoughts. Since the Kidney Banks are closer than the Hiddens, I may hit that.

drewmeister_sd

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 29, 2006
point loma
Name
andrew
Boat
bendo
I fished on Monday at the 425, 371 and the islands. Trolled marauders and a marlin jig. Caught a beer buzz and nothing else. My buddy was out of mission bay today, went with the sport boats off of del mar. They only caught one bonita. At the MB ramp a guy said that the wahoo were thick today. FYI it rained and was rough offshore today.

I was going to go troll the 9 tomorrow but my trip just got cancelled. You do what you can...