Texlee

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 3, 2012
Vernon, Texas, USA
Name
Alben Lee
Boat
Excel
You quoted "If you can wait until the new 2016 models start to arrive in late September-early October, the new PENN CARBWII80200C70 is a nice match with that reel too".

So will any of the 2016 rods be labeled 700, 700H, 700MH, etc?
If not, can you provide a "crossover" list so we can match up the "old" rod numbers with the 2016 models?

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
You quoted "If you can wait until the new 2016 models start to arrive in late September-early October, the new PENN CARBWII80200C70 is a nice match with that reel too".

So will any of the 2016 rods be labeled 700, 700H, 700MH, etc?
If not, can you provide a "crossover" list so we can match up the "old" rod numbers with the 2016 models?

The labeling will give only the length, the braid line rating, and the guide style.
The actions don't "cross over" to those classic SKU #'s very well, so I probably won't be able to offer a perfect "=" type listing.
When we get a little closer to the arrival date, I will re-do the "5-8 Day Recommendations" list, to show the most popular and useful models, but there are a total of 29 different Carnage 2's that are all pretty cool.
When we find out what stores are stocking them, I definitely suggest going in and pulling on them.

bluewaterbum

Jul 16, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Kim
Boat
none
Steve, I see such a large braid range in these rods, how do you know what is best pound braid to put on the rod.

This is what I mean, rod above your post has a braid rating of 80 to 200 that is a huge range of line size.

tunanorth

Dec 4, 2005
By the lake
Name
Tunanorth
Boat
Bass Tracker 16
Steve, I see such a large braid range in these rods, how do you know what is best pound braid to put on the rod.

This is what I mean, rod above your post has a braid rating of 80 to 200 that is a huge range of line size.

You are correct, in particular for west coast anglers, the braid ratings don't really tell you what you need to know.
The best I can tell you is simply pull on them [preferably with your reel of choice on it], the 80-200 is a great 50-pound rod using west coast standards, and the 50-130 is really nice for 40.

Xue

Jan 3, 2015
Name
Xue
Boat
None
Any news on when the carnage rods will be in stores? I'm looking to get a spinning rod.

Alaska4me

Sep 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
Name
Rob Olson
Boat
16 Lund
Steve I would love to see carnage rods in our store up here. I am selling a lot of Penn reels this year and unfortunately we do not always have them in stock.
Perhaps you can arrange or mention it to those who can make it happen, my comments seem to fall on deaf ears.
See you next month.