Hawaii Kai run

dausualinc

Nov 25, 2008
Honolulu
Name
Kekoa
Boat
30' Knife
Headed out of Hawaii Kai yesterday at 5:30am and ran up the makapuu ledge, no action for us but plenty birds out there. went out in the chanel and found some open school mahis. The biggest one went 40lbs, pretty fun fight since it bit a 5" lure on 30lb tackle. On the way back to the barn we found a beautiful glass ball the size of a basket ball too, pretty stoked on that. water was still bumpy due to the trades and north swell, but should be nice the next couple of days, go get um guys

Attachments

AKEMI TOO

Nov 20, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Name
Steven
Boat
21 Seaswirl Stripper W/A
Nice bull, but that ball sounds like a great find. Haven't seen one in years. Mostly fish waianae so not many around, found a few when I had a bigger boat and fished the channels.

wisebob

Sep 19, 2009
honolulu, hi
Name
bob
Boat
smallsize kine
Kekoa,

Nice talking to you at the boat ramp yesterday. Congrats on the monster mahi and the ball find.

bob

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Kekoa,
That is one monsta bull! WTG on those mahis.....should get good price if you blocked em. I'll call you later this week when I get back from Maui...thanks for the help in advance!

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
The biggest one went 40lbs, pretty fun fight since it bit a 5" lure on 30lb tackle.
Kekoa and crew,
Good goin on a FUN filled day, nice bull. Last ball we found was back in the mid 90's, nice catch there also.

Pat

shadzdad

Aug 6, 2010
Wahiawa,HI USA
Name
Darren
Boat
building one
Kekoa and crew, good job on the fish. haven't seen a mahi that size in a while, he must've put on a show for you guys.