DOGHOUSE26

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat Name
26 Blackman Billfisher
I can't say for certain if the old Fish Dope Reporter has been replaced or not but it seems this season there has been more Blah Blah Blah repeats than actual current reporting than I've ever seen before and frankly I'd like to know who the sources are that said the 439 and Coronado Canyon had several marlin released on this past Friday and Saturday; I know the guys on the Tournament Boat who hooked one there Friday and lost it outside the 425 and they returned Saturday to only see one tailer all day. SWYC had their Marlin Tourney Saturday & Sunday and the only boat that saw fish was off the Catalina Slide. We burned a hole in the ocean between the 302 and the Canyon Saturday we never saw any other Marlin Boats other than our buddy in the Tourney all day let alone any marlin. Yes I realize fish move from day to day but this weekend hasn't been the only questionable reports I've seen on the site. If we get more accurate info on the SoCal BD Website then members will think twice about renewing their FishDope membership. Made up Reports don't save us on gas. What do you guys think?

Upvote 0

af dreamer

Apr 16, 2007
long beach,ca
Name
tom
Boat Name
44 luhrs dreamer
As of last thursday the main Marlin area had moved up west from E Cat to the Osborn.Was really good off MB weekend before last.With the tourneys all coming up most are tight lipped about giving any dope out and those with AIS are turning them off.FWIW,Tom

Upvote 0

Big_Tuna_

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 3, 2017
San Diego
Name
Bigtuna
Boat Name
Parker 2310
This is my first year using fishdope and it has done me well. I'm not fishing for marlin this year so I don't care if it was crappy in that context.

I dont' see the reports forum on this website as reliable or more accurate than fishdope. In fact I see it mostly as bragging rights, advertising for youtube/instagram channel, and usually late....2-3 days after they went fishing. Granted there are a few folks that post great reports the same day and for that I am thankful!!! I try to post reports everytime I go out, skunk or not in a timely manner.

Upvote 0

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat Name
    La Guera
    Any one uses the salt water guide?? Is it better then FishDope?? I did notice that you do get a lot of repeat reports from fishdope. My membership to FishDope just expired … I’m up in the air if I should renew membership. What do you guys think??

tunakillerjoe1
    tunakillerjoe1
    I was not impressed with SWG. The upsell to spots and other services was a rip.Small time service, IMO. Kept charging me long after I quit. Lobster spots that are suspect to be bogus too. Just my 2 cents, others may love it.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
    Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    340Z SeaVee
    If we don’t mention an area in each report a hailstorm of emails start coming in as to why didn’t we cover an area. A lot of the times a report comes in around 10pm-12am and many don’t see it until then next day. The info may be relevant therefore it’s put back up. As far as the Marlin info in that area that particular dope came from a 4 pack that ran over a fish on the way back from the pens. There was also another 4 pack they hooked a Marlin on a kelp just outside the 429. Since it is tournament time we put up all sightings so teams can do their homework.
    As many know this season has been short of easy. We scoped out areas Thursday and Friday with the plane and couldn’t scratch up a fish outside where we already knew they were.
    We can’t mention boat names, many that are watching are waiting to sabotage whoever reports in… that is why we keep it quiet.
    If you would like your money back I will refund you 100% since you aren’t happy.

Last edited:

Ali

Master of Nothing
    Admin
    Apr 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Name
    That Guy
    Boat Name
    SeaVee 340Z
    So you didn't see or catch fish the next day and fishdope is broken?

As said above, reports are yesterday's info. The reports are supposed to be combined wiht the SST charts to help you figure out where the fish will be tomorrow.

I don't know about you but I have had more "shoulda been here yesterday" trips this year than I can ever remember.

We have had to repeat the reports a lot this year. This is because fishing inside of 60 miles has sucked balls for almost a month now.

It's just a really tough year for the average guy who isn't running 100 miles for tuna.

As always, we want stoked fishdope members. If you aren't happy pm me or Jason and we will refund any unused part of your subscription.

Thank all of you guys for your support in the past, present and future. We try to provide a service that is a no brainer value for all.

Upvote 0

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
    Escondido, CA
    Name
    jeff meeker
    Boat Name
    26 Blackman Billfisher
    There's a big difference between 1 hookup or a drive up and several fished released in the area as reported Friday, Saturday, and then again a recap on Sunday. Key words here are SEVERAL RELEASED, Judge the report for yourself. All we can expect is accuracy, its not like it has to be an inflated 975 Tuna Report made to sell seats on the sportboats.. And as long as you mention late updates, I'll always check the early 4PM report just to get a feel for the next day and then once again after 9PM when there might be an update; These updates used to be printed in read so it was easy to scan the report for new info but now its not and many times it will say updated but they must mean spell checked as I couldn't tell any difference from the late afternoon report on several occasions. I appreciate the refund offer but that's not what I'm after, just take it as a little constructive criticism. I've had both Fish Dope and 976 Bite concurrently for years although now I only subscribe to Vanian's site for 3 months in the summer because I got tired of paying for NorCal Trout Reports and the lack of reporting when he goes on vacation in the Spring/Summer. FishDope is the best thing going and it beats 976 Bite hands down although he does have more marlin connections and consistent reporting; 976 Tuna is a circus for the LA crowd IMHO. Just sayin............

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat Name
    everyone elses
    You check fishdope at 9pm?
    I think we found the problem.
    A man your age, in your condition should be in bed way before that...

:nutkick:
    Probably dozed off and cruised right through the marlin foamers...

rodngun762

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 12, 2005
    Name
    Boat Name
    It's only 46 cents per day... a single inexpensive arrow in what should be a quiver of information sources you gather as a successful fisherman. While accountability is important (and was immediately responded to by the owners in this thread), I feel that Fish Dope very fairly justifies the subscription cost for the value provided.

Reactions: Ali and Kevin A
    Upvote 0

Kevin A

• Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat Name
    25' aqua sport
    It's only 46 cents per day... a single inexpensive arrow in what should be a quiver of information sources you gather as a successful fisherman. While accountability is important (and was immediately responded to by the owners in this thread), I feel that Fish Dope very fairly justifies the subscription cost for the value provided.

So you didn't see or catch fish the next day and fishdope is broken?

As said above, reports are yesterday's info. The reports are supposed to be combined wiht the SST charts to help you figure out where the fish will be tomorrow.

I don't know about you but I have had more "shoulda been here yesterday" trips this year than I can ever remember.

We have had to repeat the reports a lot this year. This is because fishing inside of 60 miles has sucked balls for almost a month now.

It's just a really tough year for the average guy who isn't running 100 miles for tuna.

As always, we want stoked fishdope members. If you aren't happy pm me or Jason and we will refund any unused part of your subscription.

Thank all of you guys for your support in the past, present and future. We try to provide a service that is a no brainer value for all.
    You can't make everyone happy. What do they want? You to go out their and hook it for them!! There's people out their that love being miserable, as if someone intentionally rub dog shit in their face. I wouldn't be surprised if he ask for interest on the money you refund him!

Last edited:
    Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

Jason

I break stuff @ BD
    Admin
    Feb 4, 2003
    Encinitas, CA USA
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Jason
    Boat Name
    340Z SeaVee
    There's a big difference between 1 hookup or a drive up and several fished released in the area as reported Friday, Saturday, and then again a recap on Sunday. Key words here are SEVERAL RELEASED, Judge the report for yourself. All we can expect is accuracy, its not like it has to be an inflated 975 Tuna Report made to sell seats on the sportboats.. And as long as you mention late updates, I'll always check the early 4PM report just to get a feel for the next day and then once again after 9PM when there might be an update; These updates used to be printed in read so it was easy to scan the report for new info but now its not and many times it will say updated but they must mean spell checked as I couldn't tell any difference from the late afternoon report on several occasions. I appreciate the refund offer but that's not what I'm after, just take it as a little constructive criticism. I've had both Fish Dope and 976 Bite concurrently for years although now I only subscribe to Vanian's site for 3 months in the summer because I got tired of paying for NorCal Trout Reports and the lack of reporting when he goes on vacation in the Spring/Summer. FishDope is the best thing going and it beats 976 Bite hands down although he does have more marlin connections and consistent reporting; 976 Tuna is a circus for the LA crowd IMHO. Just sayin............
    I forwarded the criticism to all 3 reporters. Thanks.

Reactions: HookEmDanO
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat Name
    everyone elses
    I forwarded the criticism to all 3 reporters. Thanks.
    You were dicking around on BD when you were supposed to be shooting birds of peace?

That's when that lunker flew by I bet.
    I think it was the world record.