Has anyone been kicked off a LR boat?

Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by stickbass, Apr 3, 2018.

1. wii888lo

wii888lo Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    ricky
    Boat:
    ricky
    fresh caught at the asian market ...$3.99 a lb

20604419_10154889392579016_5181330260539114832_n.jpg 20638864_10154889443984016_1709711124433080392_n.jpg

Brad I, SAMvx1000, jigsaurus and 13 others like this.
  2. Tar Pit

Tar Pit Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat:
    None.
    The last few years of the Q105 the owner lowered the prices on their spring 7-day trips. We had one person in his early 20's stealing stuff from tackle boxes and talking beer with out marking the board. Then if he found an open box of cigarettes he help himself. Near the end of the trip people were locking their stateroom as prescription drugs went missing. The last night when we were paying our beer tab and tip the kids gave the skipper a $20 tip for a $1500.00 trip. o_O Skipper Joe gave the $20 back to him and said thanks but no thanks.

At the landing Joe told the kid he was not welcome to come back and he was going to share his name with the other boats.

surfgoose likes this.
  3. SlideRight

SlideRight Just Fishin'

Name:
    Lew
    Boat:
    ss minnow
    OK, am remembering one such instance reported in 'La Tuna' canyon: not only fitting, but oh so ironic.

Maybe same instance as it was in that famous Malibu area cravasse prolly 30 or more years ago by now - reported as getting the guy via the tags too. You've a good memory Sir!

surfgoose likes this.
  4. RockHopperNCKA

RockHopperNCKA Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    Do kayaks count?
    So stuff was going missing, people knew who the perpetrator was, and nobody did anything?

I'm not a tough guy or anything, but I probably would've been the one getting kicked off the boat after I socked the dude in the mouth. I f***ing hate thieves.

5. Fishybuzz

Fishybuzz fishybuzz

Name:
    David Tang
    Boat:
    Intrepid
    Nothing puts a wet blanket over a trip more than having a thief on board and stuff shows up missing....

marzocchi, Olddog8, karlk1125 and 5 others like this.
  6. surfgoose

surfgoose active geezer

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I completely understand your feeling, Dustin. But the reality of life is that there is a 5% Flake Factor in humans, all humans. Out of any group of twenty people, one will always be open to taking advantage of an opportunity to get something for nothing. I learned a long time ago to always lock the tackle box, and to not leave a productive lure on a rod in the rack.

7. Abusaade

Abusaade Member

That’s hilarious. So funny

8. Tar Pit

Tar Pit Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Friend of Bucko Shaw
    Boat:
    None.
    At first most people thought they had just misplaced or forgot the bag of hooks or a crew member bummed a smoke in a hot bite. The missing meds came up late in the trip and nobody saw the kid in any rooms. When we were sorting fish at the landing someone mentioned missing hooks. Then someone mentioned missing jigs and cigarettes. I think the crew keep quiet on the meds hoping to catch the person in the act. The kid was told not to come back because of the beer and bad tip. The total picture of what happened came to light back at the landing.

This was the last few years of the Q105 and some of the crew were not being paid after coming back from trips. The boat was falling apart and the crew/skipper were fighting between themselves. So unless we were catching fish we never saw any crew members to tell about missing stuff.

RockHopperNCKA likes this.
  9. UnBelievable

UnBelievable F.V. UNBELIEVABLE

Name:
    Norm Campbell
    Boat:
    UnBelievable
    I have seen this almost happen on a trip. A very nice couple whom I have fished this trip several times is always a pleasure to fish with were enjoying the start of this trip as usuall. They both fish well and she is easy on the eyes and full of personality and fun to be around. A new guy whom fished well as he had boated a few fish ahead of everyone else was on a third fish and totally bowled her over and shouted “out of my way bitch”. Needless to say he only made it a lil further down the rail and was body checked and several people joined on the beat down. Looked like a gang initiation. Somehow his rod also became a two piece. Knowing the captain well he gathered the facts and had a sit down with the guy whom now looked like a truck had its way with him. He was told not to fish for the balance of the trip and never return to the boat. Did not see him for the balance of the trip. We all signed a statement about that guys horrible fall we observed. This happened many years ago. When you see a experienced angler on a hot large fish it shows a a cool forward looking person courteous to those on the rail. Everyone will help you catch a fish given the opportunity.

MikeeDaGuy, carcass, Manbat and 2 others like this.
  10. RockHopperNCKA

RockHopperNCKA Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Dustin
    Boat:
    Do kayaks count?
    Man, that sucks all the way around.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    PheasantHunter likes this.
  11. mike garrahan

mike garrahan TheSabreGuy

Name:
    mike garrahan
    Boat:
    23 ft. crestliner
    I was on a 6 day last year and my roommate was a raging alcoholic. He got on the boat with 2 large bottles of Capt. Morgans Rum and they were both gone by the fourth day. That night about 2 am I hear a loud thump as he falls out of the top bunk and hits the floor. He then gets up but can't find the door knob so he just pees on the wall and all over the floor. He sprained his ankle in the fall and he is too drunk to climb back in his bunk so he just passes out on the wet floor. He is moaning and groaning but nothing life threatening. I got up and told the crew what was going on and spent the rest of the morning trying to sleep in the galley. The jerk spent half of the next day in the galley with his foot in a 5 gallon bucket of ice water. I'm pretty sure that he won't be back on that particular boat again.

Olddog8 and vegasandre like this.
  12. Jig Stick

Jig Stick Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Ken
    Boat:
    Cabo 216...Sold
    I’ve “kicked myself off” certain trips as some regulars that frequent certain trips are people that are so repulsive that I just can’t be in a confined area with them for a day longer. There are certain people I ask the office if they’re on the trip that, if so, I’ll pass on the trip and seek an alternative.
    It’s amazing how small a boat gets after 15 days of being on the water with the wrong person/people. Even a ripper bite sometimes doesn’t make up for a king sized donkey.

Brad I, Olddog8, albacore11 and 5 others like this.
  13. jer dog

jer dog Fishing is life

Name:
    Gerry
    Boat:
    One that floats
    what I normally do is watch how people, they board the boat
    and move around when they first get on
    if they act like they Own the Boat
    I just avoid them, the Whole Time
    not to let those RUIN my trip
    because I do so Few Of Them
    I want to Have The Time of my Life
    when I'm on one
    I let the Crew Handle The Adult Day Care ,Crap.

stephen campbell likes this.
  14. Workplacesafety

Workplacesafety Reducing workplace injuries and illnesses

Name:
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat:
    14ft Valco, San Diego Long Range Boats

15. nicodemus

nicodemus Member

Name:
    Nicholas Bronson
    Boat:
    themodcatfish
    Oh, man, here come's the next BD thread, called: "Capitalization"... :)

16. Kman

Kman I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
    Frank Gallagher fishes long range? Who knew?

A985CFC2-3220-4FAE-9635-5AFBC212A50E.jpeg

17. Workplacesafety

Name:
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat:
    What I was trying to say was you have to watch your surroundings even long range fishing. Years ago a passenger was caught pilfering staterooms, everyone knows no one keeps a wallet on them while fishing. To this day I pay my tab, and tip with a check, keeping my cash low on board.

Another year I came home missing a brand new never used Accurate ATD 30 gone out of my reel bag. Lesson learned, after break down at the end of a trip I count my reels, reel case locked and secured in my stateroom...

Bill W and jer dog like this.
  18. Workplacesafety

Name:
    Jeff Bruner
    Boat:
    Jeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Kurt

19. Steve K

Steve K Hey, I'm gettin' bit...

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Pity the fool from the Excel with tag #26 as well as the market owner.

Like Stupid and Idiot had a kid and dropped it on its head.

NaplesJohn and RideHPD like this.
  20. bobsled

bobsled Consumer

Name:
    Robert
    Boat:
    N/A
    Yeah, that's usually what I do. I've seen guys come on late and then start moving people's tackle box/bag out of the way to make room for theirs. Not cool. If they don't have manners enough to not do that, then they'll pretty much do anything.