Has anyone been kicked off a LR boat?

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Sounds like a standup captain to me. It’s getting old being on a sportboat and having 10 guys in a circle on the back deck thinking they’re inconspicuous. Especially those local boats that’s have crew mixed into the circle with passengers. If you can’t not smoke pot for a 12 hour day then don’t go fishing or at the very least but one of those vape things so its not as obvious.
Call the coast guard .. confine someone to quarters.. don't let the perps fish... there are all kinds of deterrents without bringing someone's else's boat to the Mexican government and telling them there are drugs on the boat....
The owner might never see his boat again ...

Reactions: HBB and freegaff2

fishboy93

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 25, 2012
West Coast
Name
Ryan
Boat
It floats
Call the coast guard .. confine someone to quarters.. don't let the perps fish... there are all kinds of deterrents without bringing someone's else's boat to the Mexican government and telling them there are drugs on the boat....
The owner might never see his boat again ...
When a person is fed up enough with drugs on the boat to make that threat the boat owner may deserve to lose the boat... sorry but no tolerance doesn’t mean some situational semantics are ok. Certain boats have had those stigmas throughout the years and you wouldn’t see a decent crew memeber on them because the clean cut guys aren’t going to put up with that BS for very long.

fishkilr

.better to be a has-been than a never-was..
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
When a person is fed up enough with drugs on the boat to make that threat the boat owner may deserve to lose the boat...
For a passenger who brought weed on a trip the owner wasn't on you think that owner deserves to lose the boat because the skipper he entrusted with his vessel is fed up??.... damn..

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
This thread has me remembering the passenger that disappeared in the night years ago. .I think it was a couple fighting most of the trip. Memory is fuzzy to the details but nevertheless the reality of safety at sea. I like to enjoy drinks at sea. BUT it is important for everyone to realize the inherent dangers and why it's important for all passengers to keep mind alteration in check. That incident im sure does not apply the same as the discussion here. Some believed foul play but my point being it's awfully dark and lonely in a big ocean. Passengers should look out for one another and though it's nobodies desire or responsibility to babysit, a conversation versus abrasive fight might go along ways with "that guy" in regards to changing the choices that may lead to a ruined trip or worse...my 2 cents

Buddha

Jun 22, 2008
Irvine
Name
Greg
Boat
UCSB- Daughters School
Hi, my name is Joe and...um...I used to be "that guy".

No, not the guy who wasn't in the jackpot who caught the JP fish who eventually started shouting at the real JP winner demanding 1/2 the JP to the point where the whole boat wanted to beat him down.

No, not the giant 6'6" muscle-bound goon dressed in fatigues, combat boots, no shirt and a 10" Rambo hunting knife strapped across his bulging chest who would run down the rail with his 15# Albacore, knife in hand cutting lines as he "cleared out" the stern who eventually stabbed himself in the chest (everyone quietly cheered).

You see....I'm the guy who's compelled to politely help "those guys" not embarrass themselves further. It never works out well for me. I had to ban myself from the entire fleet.

My biggest fear is being kicked ON to a sportboat.

Sorry for the topic-jack.
I was the guy that actually won the jackpot. That fucking guy would not let it go. I finally told to stay the fuck away from me.

Reactions: 26grumpy

Rodless_Jim

Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
No offense here Bro. I'm just telling you, no matter how tough you are you wouldn't fuck with this guy back in the 80's. Got to trust me on this one.
I've fished with a guy they called "Coach" on maybe three trips. He certainly made himself at home, and a couple of times he was quite a jerk. I can see him being the same guy, except for one thing: The guy I remember was nowhere near 6'4" nor 235lbs.

The Guy I know insisted on fishing in just some very brief gym shorts, and sunning himself that way too.