Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
5 hours on my bike is suicide...

my chiropractor loves me...

Also... very difficult not to go over 65 on my bike 😂
Mine doesn't do 65 very well either. But I can do 5 hours pretty easy. My Springer is maybe a 3 hour bike... I gave up on crotch rockets long ago... My first bike was a CBR600F3.
I once rod it 9 hours from Ft. Campbell to Ft. Bragg for 4th of july...Bad idea!

• Haha
Reactions: LB.
Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 31, 2004
Claremont
Name
Ryan
Boat
Hobie Outback
Down. Y’all are gonna have to keep it down to 65mph for me till I get my new bike. K?

View attachment 1254562
My Yamaha

20170929_174434.jpg

20171002_174147.jpg

Upvote 0

LB.

Lb’s Customs
Aug 29, 2018
La Crescenta CA
Name
Ralph ‘Lb’ H.
Boat
Outrider-Mirage-Excel-Shogun-Endeavor
Upvote 0

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
  • Jan 31, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan-O
    Boat
    1997 Trophy 2352
    I should clarify... not going to June this weekend! I am just gonna shake off the cobwebs and fish local. I want to have this figured out before ride 5 hours and have gear all over the road... or find out I forgot all the stuff to keep me warm... or? Worse no cork screw...

WHAT ? Harley riders drink wine ?

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    My first bike was a 1974 Hodaka Road Toad 100cc
    I still have 2 1969 Ace 100’s up in Utah in storage. I’m looking at the Yamaha Terene 900’s & KTM 790’s , but think i might just go with the big one. 1100cc+ cruse control, heated grips , less headaches than a HD....
    I used to think HD bikes leaked and broke down a lot... That myth is just plain not true.
    I had an extremely well cared for dealer maintained Suzuki C90 2 years and 2 months the engine came apart... I wasn't worried because I had the extended warranty... Turns out the Suzuki dealership I bought the bike through closed and suzuki would honor it or even give me a discount on parts... 2 months out of warranty.
    My CVO has a 7 year warranty even covers tires and wheels. My Springer has about 70K on the original motor trans everything... Its an 08 and the only reason I couldn't extend my warranty this time was because of milage. They are great bikes if you aren't a dummy buying non-HD parts to get more horsepower... Then reving it or lugging it to look cool. They really are tough bikes... Watch some million dollar bogan episodes or cops using their bikes. There are few factory bikes that look as nice as an HD... CVO anyway. Are they as fast? Maybe not... Just my experience and opinion.

img_2021_01_10_08_53_06.jpg

Upvote 0

LB.

Lb’s Customs
    Aug 29, 2018
    La Crescenta CA
    Name
    Ralph ‘Lb’ H.
    Boat
    I used to think HD bikes leaked and broke down a lot... That myth is just plain not true.
    I had an extremely well cared for dealer maintained Suzuki C90 2 years and 2 months the engine came apart... I wasn't worried because I had the extended warranty... Turns out the Suzuki dealership I bought the bike through closed and suzuki would honor it or even give me a discount on parts... 2 months out of warranty.
    My CVO has a 7 year warranty even covers tires and wheels. My Springer has about 70K on the original motor trans everything... Its an 08 and the only reason I couldn't extend my warranty this time was because of milage. They are great bikes if you aren't a dummy buying non-HD parts to get more horsepower... Then reving it or lugging it to look cool. They really are tough bikes... Watch some million dollar bogan episodes or cops using their bikes. There are few factory bikes that look as nice as an HD... CVO anyway. Are they as fast? Maybe not... Just my experience and opinion.

View attachment 1254785
    A Suzuki is, well a Suzuki... and I’m stoked you got a better bike than my buddies did. I’m looking at cross country travel eventually, so I’d like to have zero problems if possible. And if I do, i want to be able to work on it. I love the Yamaha I have now, but still doing research on the adv/cruser before I spend that kinda $$$. Definitely NOT a BMW 😂

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    There’s also price point
    Can't argue there... My new bike sticker was $41k got it $37.5 OTD... Then spent anout $3k on it... Service isn't cheap but it is well maintained. $90 if I change my own oil. $109 if they do it... Every other service is about $400, Tires are $300ish
    Most guys cheap out on service and end up paying for it in the long run...and thats anything.
    Every marketing team is gonna tell you their stuff is reliable... Everything breaks eventually though.
    I kinda want the Pan America but couldn't imagine dropping a Harley... ha ha

img_2021_01_10_08_52_30.jpg

Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    I piggyback mine, so.... where we goin ??

View attachment 1255962
    Where were you for this picture? Looks like a cool place to explore.
    Im no stranger to "camping" my wife won't leave home in less than our 2nd home. I pushed hard for a class c but budget put me in a trailer. The next one will be similar to yours.

15775008_10154828923741449_8932919753695888315_o.jpg

Reactions: kbray001 and LB.
    Upvote 0

LB.

Lb’s Customs
    Aug 29, 2018
    La Crescenta CA
    Name
    Ralph ‘Lb’ H.
    Boat
    Where were you for this picture? Looks like a cool place to explore.
    Im no stranger to "camping" my wife won't leave home in less than our 2nd home. I pushed hard for a class c but budget put me in a trailer. The next one will be similar to yours.

View attachment 1256211
    That was Red Rock Canyon pull out for a smoke lol. Been from Yellowstone, Umpqua National Forest and a bunch in between. Already put 23k on it since 2016.

Reactions: Tail Chaser
    Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    Getting a new Net made... My old net has seen better days. Gonna try something different and custom this time.

20210224_102255.jpg

Upvote 0