FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
Took her up to InCanvas in Everett for hard plastic sides with a removable drop curtain across the back. I got the first picture showing the process of making the templates:) ill keep updating as i get pics from Christiane:)

IMG_3843 2.jpeg

DaKanati

Captain
Mar 17, 2009
belfair,washington
Name
Josh
Boat
272 Sailfish "ManCave"
You will like the macrolon, it is super clear. It will crack though if it can flex enough . I have a spot on mine on the side curtain where when running it was hitting one of the aluminum bars and cracked. After that I used that sticky foam that people put on truck canopys anywhere the macrolon hit the aluminum bars. I've never taken it off since I had it installed like 8 years ago and still more clear than glass.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
You will like the macrolon, it is super clear. It will crack though if it can flex enough . I have a spot on mine on the side curtain where when running it was hitting one of the aluminum bars and cracked. After that I used that sticky foam that people put on truck canopys anywhere the macrolon hit the aluminum bars. I've never taken it off since I had it installed like 8 years ago and still more clear than glass.

thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely do that:)

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Sure will be handy. You’ll need to make sure that any crew “helping” clean it don’t accidentally scratch it.

Reactions: FVSerenity

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
Looks great. I’m thinking about doing this too. What kind of lead time did they have before they could get you in?
It was about 5 weeks, although they called and offered me an earlier slot but by the time I called back it was gone.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
Sure will be handy. You’ll need to make sure that any crew “helping” clean it don’t accidentally scratch it.
I plan on getting specific care instructions when I pick it up. Also need to be careful when “walking around”

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
WOW they did a great job, for maintenance on mine I use soap water and a Chamois only DO NOT use chemicals , terry cloth or a damp towel. these work the best😉

image.jpg

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
Yeah, it’s a cooker alright, I plan on installing some fans for some ventilation, I alway fish with the back off for twoooooonahhhhhh

The Canvas Man

Ken'z Custom Canvas
Feb 6, 2008
San Diego
Name
KEN
Boat
25 Hydra sport
Yeah, it’s a cooker alright, I plan on installing some fans for some ventilation, I alway fish with the back off for twoooooonahhhhhh
You need to have a vent installed into your window. It will give you the air flow you need.
This is my personal boat. But have installed many of these when using makrolon.
Only have pic of outside right now. Will get pictures of inside tomorrow. Please excuse the umbrella on the back deck was working on hatches and moving bait tank and our sun in So.cal has been mean.

20210225_134159.jpg

20201101_104738.jpg

Baby J

Grady prick in training
  • Jul 28, 2017
    Graham, WA
    Name
    Jeremy
    Boat
    Grady White 265 Express Walkaround
    It turned out great. Very nice attention to detail. What’s your storage setup like compared to strataglass? Is it easy to put it on and remove? I think I need this....

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    It turned out great. Very nice attention to detail. What’s your storage setup like compared to strataglass? Is it easy to put it on and remove? I think I need this....
    The back curtains are strataglass, They made the back curtains into a 3 piece so I can remove each section and store them, the old one was one piece that covered the whole back with the door in it so I had to wrangle the whole thing at once. The 3 piece setup is much more manageable.

I don’t plan on taking the sides off ever, I have never felt the need to, which is one more reason that I had the harder sides put on. But they remove in the same manner the old ones did, but I never took them off either. I doubt korolon is going to to fold, it’s flexible but pretty hard, when I knock on it with a knuckle it sounds pretty hard.

Reactions: Baby J

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
    Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat
    You need to have a vent installed into your window. It will give you the air flow you need.
    This is my personal boat. But have installed many of these when using makrolon.
    Only have pic of outside right now. Will get pictures of inside tomorrow. Please excuse the umbrella on the back deck was working on hatches and moving bait tank and our sun in So.cal has been mean.

View attachment 1257829

View attachment 1257832

a vent would be cool (hah) but sealing it up to keep the water out is a concern, this is Washington, if it ain’t the rain it’s the 30 knot winds beating you up on that 100 mile run to home:). I’ll take the comfort:)