Handlining a yellowfin

Evoony

Sep 14, 2019
San Diego
Name
Evan
Boat
Sail em
Wide open November bite on our private boat. Jump to 3:40 where the action begins. I get tangled up with my friend who’s on also. I have 20lb test and he has 30. I saw him off and look what my other friend does. Grabs the line and pulls it by hand. Insane action. Check it out.

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
That's funny. On my recent PAC Voyager trip I was fighting a yellowfin on the bow that was acting strange. We gaffed it and then I realized there was another line on mine. I handlined that other line in and there was a bonus second Yellowfin on a ton of free line later to be determined a lost fish from a cluster in the stern.

Bonus fish :D

I gave it back to the angler who hooked it but it was pretty comedic

MDC

Sep 9, 2008
Oceanside/CA/USA
Name
Mark
Boat
none
That's funny. On my recent PAC Voyager trip I was fighting a yellowfin on the bow that was acting strange. We gaffed it and then I realized there was another line on mine. I handlined that other line in and there was a bonus second Yellowfin on a ton of free line later to be determined a lost fish from a cluster in the stern.

Bonus fish :D

I gave it back to the angler who hooked it but it was pretty comedic
That happened to me too on the O95. But these were bluefin at about 45lbs and 65lbs. The 65lber got tail wrapped around my spectra while I was fighting my 45lber. I had no idea what had happened when my rod tip started vibrating erratically and line started peeling off the reel. Took me 45 minutes to get the fish to the boat. The 2nd skipper thought I had a “follower” when he looked over the rail! Deckhand knew better and gaffes one then another deckhand gaffes the other. Had my limit in one cast.

CFE3A5FA-8D3A-486C-ADB4-6489CBFA2AEE.jpeg

Last edited:

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
That was a fucking embarrassment to all fishermen.
Someone trying to be a charter boat?
FAIL.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Big deal small fish
As one who started tuna fishing age 13 in 1960 , some of you