Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
18' Olympic CC, Krystana C.
Hana hou Tuesday 5.25.21!
A repeat of a couple weeks ago, running the ledge down in Maili. This one smaller, about 28#. Ono hit at 1pm, we were just about to call it quits when the right rigger went down. Ono tacos to follow...
Was also great to see Peter Fontanilla launching his boat, great to see him fishing again! Peter, let's talk story!

Ono_5.25.21.jpg

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
16' Starcraft SF SS
Nice Ono brother! Can't wait to get back to the islands and do some fishing.

Reactions: JimmyK
Upvote 0

pfont

no mo boat
Jul 6, 2010
mililani
Name
peter fontanilla
Boat
2021 - 14' Livingston (17' Arima Sea Chaser-"kiana" - 1989 - SOLD on 9/16/2016)
happy to see you again Jimmy .... couldn't recognize you, look much younger with plenty energy :lux:.... congrats on your catches ... you are on a roll Jimmy, twice out and twice tacos time .... I only got a screamer on the outrigger but no stuck ... sure feels good to hear that ratchet rip, something that I have missed for over 5 years since taking a break from fishing:appl: ... hope to see you out there again. .... I going follow you next time .... have a great Memorial Day .... Peter

Reactions: JimmyK
Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Peter,
Was great to see you, in person and going fishing too! Thank you for the kind words, retirement is good for me, LOL!!! Too bad no blood in the boat, but got the tease. I heard you talking to Ed Narimasu on the cb, so at least I know my cb radio still working, LOL. I strained to think what your other boat name was - Kiana? LOL. I hope that was correct. Anyways, always good to see PH makules doing well. You take care and tight lines to you and see you fishing again.
Aloha and have a great Memorial Day weekend...

Jimmy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
Congrats on another Ono and knife Mahi! ”Ono” grinds right there!
Thanks Russell, did not think could get lucky in almost the same area. But thankful got good grinds, have not eaten fresh mahi in a long time! The ono will be tacos pretty soon!
Hope to see you fishing Waianae one of these days....
Tight lines,
Jimmy

Upvote 0