Sky-Guy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 15, 2009
Everett/Mukilteo, Wa
Name
Ryley
Boat
Cutwater 302
A while back I saw some rod holders that mounted on a scotty swivel mount. I thought Chad from Crozier built them but I saw his today and they werent what I was thinking of.

Any of you know someone local who makes these rod holders? The design I saw had a mount which used the single pin similar to a Brutus Pot puller, about a 8-10 inch mast and angled out about 30 degrees all built from aluminum tube.

They look similar to these but will adapt to a scotty mount

Thanks for any leads.

richardp

Feb 4, 2011
Burlington WA
Name
Richard
Boat
2470 Pursuit 300 Yami
Sell your yacht and buy a fishing boat that has rod holders cut into the gunwales. If you are anchoring up for butts you will need your downrigger mounts for your downriggers.

Grady226

Apr 17, 2009
Marysville,Wa
Name
Gary
Boat
22' Grady White
Swain's in PA had some the last years......I thought they were pretty PROUD of them.....Price was around $70 if I remember.

Cohoho

May 19, 2010
Lake Tapps, Washington
Name
Cohoho
Boat
COHOHO - 23 ft Wooldridge Super Sport Offshore - SOLD
I wouldn't recommend using any Scotty post mounts for Halibut, if your drag isn't set right - goodbye gear! I have broken off several Scotty mounts in the past years on Oversized Sturgeon and Halibut, - even the one with the reinforced metal pin in the base.. When someone sets the drag a weee bit too much - goodbye stuff -if your not quick..... Don't count on plastic crap to secure a $600 halibut rod and reel... Contact Nick Rudnick and get them made where they will last forever without worry...

Sky-Guy

Jan 15, 2009
Everett/Mukilteo, Wa
Name
Ryley
Boat
Cutwater 302
Sell your yacht and buy a fishing boat that has rod holders cut into the gunwales. If you are anchoring up for butts you will need your downrigger mounts for your downriggers.
I only drift fish for halibut, and I have rod holders flush mounted in the gunwales. These types of holders they are mostly used to set the rod in for a bit while you rest from jigging, and sometimes for weaker people to fight a fish with.

Reactions: richardp

Pipejumper

Dec 17, 2014
Name
Larry
Boat
22' Alumaweld Intruder
Miller Marine makes metal risers for his cutting board that fits Scotty bases. You could buy those off him and then take them to a welder to add the top rod holder part.

Koffler Boats makes one similar to that but I don’t believe they make them to fit a Scotty base.

FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
I use the Stryker mounted to the swivel base

easydoesit86

nubbie
Apr 6, 2008
lacey wa usa
Name
maarten
Boat
22' 672 Campion "Skidder"
I welded some up outta aluminum. Then once I seen how good a job Steve uglebayliner work was. I had him build me another purty set. Last I talked with him we though about now building a set outta stainless. They also work great for trolling for tunas. Makes the troll rods into little outriggers

53driver

Sep 20, 2008
Mackay Marine, Fife Wa.
Name
Dave/Olex
Boat
19' Livingston Viking 'Iku Turso'
I hear using an actual lanyard on the reel that's tied to the boat, works better than the Tanacum power cord at saving your rig from going over when the Scotty breaks!

Salmonmoocher

"Holding My Own Rod"
Sep 9, 2009
Puyallup, WA - USA
Name
Billy Bob
Boat
27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
Colman Copied NYMPH’s Design...
Give the Guy with 3 Decades of Design & Experience the Credit:finger::finger:

Reactions: goatram

jasper hickman

Team RED BEARD
Dec 23, 2014
Everett
Name
jasper
Boat
26' sea master, RED BEARD
7A2A3E25-F191-4C80-8C97-90A78123B994.jpeg

The Crozier Craft ones have served me incredibly well for halibut and tuna troll rods. I run 4 of them and couldn’t be more impressed.
Also there so solid I’ve used em to tie the boat up with or hang fenders off of.