Halibut fishing has been good!

Discussion in 'California Sport Fishing Reports Forums' started by Dave Hansen, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Fred Archer

Fred Archer Big Game's the Name

Name:
    Captain Fred Archer
    Boat:
    36 Custom (Cabo)
    I have known Captain David Hansen since he was quite a young lad and I used to fish with him on occasion on the Dana Point boats that he ran. He is one of the best damned fishermen I have ever met and as others here who know him say, he's one heckuva good guy to boot. And I'll tell you what, if you utilize his guide service, I guarantee that you will come away with more knowledge than you could possibly imagine and probably with a truly memorable day of catching fish. I have no idea what he charges for his service, but I'm sure that it is not only a fair price, but a bargain, considering what he will pass on in knowledge alone - forget the fishing part!

And he gets bait when others can't? Sounds like a plus to me and a natural based on his family, friends and long history in Dana Point. To think that it would be otherwise is just plain, old dumb. And getting inside scoop on conditions from the top sportboat captains in the area? A potential day maker too. Ditto for those who think otherwise!

This man and his family are BD sponsors and deserve our support for that alone AND he talks the talk BUT HE WALKS THE WALK and we are damned lucky to have people like him on this site and available to learn from. And he charges for that? Of course he does! It took years of hard work and dedication to learn what he has learned and him sharing it with anyone is certainly worth money. I wish that those who couldn't walk his jock down the dock would should shut the hell up, but this is a free forum and so they can bash away and make themselves look like, well, what they look like.

Nice bunch of flatties, David. And your client sure made a great, smart choice for a guide that day for both learning AND catching. Keep walkin' that walk, Cappy David!

2. Buttchaser

Buttchaser Fresh One!

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    None
    Hi capt Dave ,
    Thanks for the report !

3. eatitraw

eatitraw Newbie

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    28, Grady White, Eat It Raw
    After buying a boat 2 1/2 years ago I realized fishing is one thing and skippering a boat is another thing.
    As you'll know it's discouraging when your a new boater and learning the ropes from getting into the slip, being prepared to pay and receive bait, anchoring up, radar, sonar, safety and I almost forgot the whole fishing thing.
    We should all wish that we could make all new boaters go through a course of skippering and fishing 101.
    I've used Dave Hanson's services for not only as a fishing guide but to teach me the skills it takes to run my boat. I found that Dave has ran just about every type of boat and has a strong back ground in fishing.
    I would recommend him and have used Dave to run my boat when I just want to drink a bunch of beers with my buddies and fish.
    Just remember emails don't always reflect the emotion and love that someone shares.
    In knowing Dave this was more for his customer than for him.
    Now go have fun fishing.

“Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!”

Bob Marley quote

4. the junky

the junky your friendly fish killer

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    RR,Islander,Whaler,
    before you start posting stupid shit on someone dont you think you should meet them in person. First off he is one of the most humble fisherman that has that much experience that I have ever met and i have been fishin the oceans for 30 years. Second thing is he is doing his thing on his own with out much help from the great fishing family that he comes from. I am sure it has been tough. If you ever need some guidence on your boat he has a great service. He has put us on fish when the whole fleet SD was out at cortez and we were top producer by far on the Albacore. Dont talk shit if you dont know what your talking about. ( Dave nice fish)

5. Dave Hansen

Dave Hansen Yoursaltwaterguide.com Advertiser

Name:
    Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
    Boat:
    YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME
    Thank You everyone Lets go Fishing

6. Dave Hansen

Name:
    Boat:
    I will show more tomorrow Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. the junky

the junky your friendly fish killer

Name:
    Craig
    Boat:
    RR,Islander,Whaler,
    I love your reports please keep them coming. Being a good fisherman is not always how much you catch but rather having a good attitude and a positive outlook and sharing your knowledge with others to promote the sport we all love so much.

8. OFN

OFN COB

Name:
    Nat
    Boat:
    Striper 2150, Indie
    Nice fish, and report. Fished with you one time when you covered for the skipper on one of the local boats out to Catalina a couple of years ago on a charter. You put us on the fish, and spent the time to help a lot of people. I was impressed with your skills and patience when teaching people, and the enjoyment you appeared to derive out of doing it. From what I saw any one that hires you is spending their money wisely.

9. speedgoat

speedgoat Green Bastard

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    S/V Grunion
    Sounds like Dave is the ticket for anyone that wants to learn something. I definitely don't know it all and I hope I never do. The day you stop learning is the day you die, or at least it should be. I learn something new everyday from lots of different, random people, and I'm thankful for it. In my opinion, guys like Dave provide a valuable, useful service. Sorta like teachers do.

10. DaGoose

DaGoose Go pound sand

Name:
    Rick Ferguson
    Boat:
    old
    That's a GREAT DAY of flattie fishing.

Hope you are out there whacking them again right now.

CONGRATS and thanks for sharing.

Jeez, a fellow posts a nice fishing report and gets shit for it............what's up with that?

Rick

11. crazyfish

crazyfish Member

Name:
    Ken
    Boat:
    21'6" striper WA
    Nice job on the halibut.

12. surf204z

surf204z Member

Name:
    matt
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler Montauk 170
    Dave,

I will see you in the morning. 5:30am Dana West, B dock, my 19 foot trophy CC is right in front of the office. "Summer Rules" Down the ramp and to the right. She is gassed up and I am ready to learn :)

Matt

13. Professor

Professor Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Yale
    Boat:
    32' Blackman Sportfisher "Riley"
    I hate him because he's fishing 5-6 days a week. The other stuff is irrelavent. Oh and those are some nice butts.

14. 26grumpy

26grumpy who hooked who

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    Freefrom Boats Club
    Nice fishing Capt. Dave, I sent a 976 guy over to you yesterday, needs his electros dialed.

Keep up the reports bro !

15. Dave Hansen

Name:
    Boat:
    I just want to thank Everyone who has called. I changed 4 people's way of fishing this weekend because they called me after reading this post they Win.

16. Dave Hansen

Name:
    Boat:
  17. Banjo Minnow

Banjo Minnow Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    30 Bayliner Trophy
    I sense a little jealousy, Dave is well known in these waters. Remember what your mom told you " if you have nothing nice to say dont say it at all " Bad Fishing Karma is a terrible thing to deal with!!! Thanks Dave for any advice you can give.

18. fishshep

fishshep Newbie

Name:
    daniel
    Boat:
    none
    Excellent Catchin!!!
    Now thats the way to
    get-em!!!

19. socladuckslayer

socladuckslayer Newbie

Name: