Gotta love the grunion run!
Screenshot_2014-07-14-12-34-28.png
20140714_095618.jpg
20140714_095626.jpg

Upvote 0

Joe Bal

Aug 9, 2010
Menifee, Ca
It is so funny how good all the food pics look on this site, it is like all these fisherman are gormet chefs and fishing is second. Oh NICE HALI. Now i am hungry, gota go.

Reactions: El Taco
Upvote 0

El Taco

Almost A Member
May 11, 2014
Name
Gabriel
Boat
Almost
I got it on plastic there was bait boiling and bird diving everywhere. Wish I would of snapped a picture fucking crazy. First off I'm surprised I didn't end up flying a kite, I was debating if I should even cast they were so thick. I must off hit this guy rite on the head cause the moment it hit sand it felt like I had cast into a big ass piece of kelp. There was no hit my rod just bent over slowly, I started to reel thinking I had seaweed on the other end when all the sudden the seaweed went ape shit. Nasty head shakes and looooong runs after repeating this numerous times I new it was a good fish. I was fishing 10lbs Andy clear, the hole time I'm thinking please don't snap please not snap especially once I got a glimpse of it fucker did not want to come in. The rite wave finally pushed him in enough to were one of my audience members ran up and gaffed it for me rite as another wave was coming in to take me for another ride. A couple of loud fuck yeas and a lot of high fives and a big ass smile from ear to ear. Still pumped!!!

Upvote 0

teddya2

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 30, 2007
san diego
Name
teddya2
Boat
invader 20- Bikini Bottom
Ceviche is actually cooked by the lemon juice, its also good sashimi, long as its good and fresh....and it looked fresh! nice job on the surf hali

Upvote 0

tlcnate

Almost A Member
May 1, 2012
San Diego- East County
Name
Nate
Boat
Bayliner 22' Open Bow
not worried about the wormies on these guys when eating ceviche?
That's the halibut that got away from me on my boat! No fair!

On another topic, I was going to ask the same thing. A buddy of mine mentioned the higher risk of worms/problems with halibut ceviche so ever since then I only use halibut cooked and make ceviche from sea bass or YT. Anyone have more info on this?

Reactions: El Taco
Upvote 0

El Taco

Almost A Member
May 11, 2014
Name
Gabriel
Boat
Almost
As far as the worms go I boil water(on high don't turn down) and put the halibut in till it turns white then let it sit in lime juice for 4 hours. Maka sure to break it all up before adding lime juice, final resolt is awesome haven't had a complaint yet.

Upvote 0

El Taco

Almost A Member
May 11, 2014
Name
Gabriel
Boat
Almost
Fish was caught in the north county area(hope it helps), my honey hole caught three shorts this morning.

Upvote 0