Sep 15, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
Ron
Boat
Boatless in Santee
Hey Rich,
This isnt a charter, its a boat shift from The Chief 2.5 trip that was scheduled for tonight. The landing already sold my spot. I hope you guys do well, but I couldnt take a chance with what I'm hearing and seeing.
Thanks,
Ron

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

gnehekul

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
chartermaster should have been on the up and up with everyone on his charter and saved everyone a huge headache.

Upvote 0

sansou

Almost A Member
Jan 14, 2007
San Diego
Name
Rich
Boat
M/V INVICTA
No worries rsees, but please be aware tonight we turn and burn, come in at 7PM (from an open party courtesy of the Chief) and leave at 9PM taking 20 on a previously scheduled private charter for a 2.5 day. Not open party or spill over from Chief.

* Can someone help me out and point out who I may speak with at BloodyDecks (ie. which moderator) regarding setting up a greatly reduced fare BloodyDeck fishing trip?? (assuming that there is an interest in such a thing) This board has grown by leaps and bounds and I don't recognize many of the players anymore. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
He'll Ill go fishing with you guys if you can get me away from these black ants! You don't have black ants on the boat do you ???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

BluePabst

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 1, 2012
Somewhere between heaven and hell
Name
Phil
Boat
Bertram 30
No worries rsees, but please be aware tonight we turn and burn, come in at 7PM (from an open party courtesy of the Chief) and leave at 9PM taking 20 on a previously scheduled private charter for a 2.5 day. Not open party or spill over from Chief.

* Can someone help me out and point out who I may speak with at BloodyDecks (ie. which moderator) regarding setting up a greatly reduced fare BloodyDeck fishing trip?? (assuming that there is an interest in such a thing) This board has grown by leaps and bounds and I don't recognize many of the players anymore. Thanks!

After what I've read in this thread ..... granted that this amount of "new" machinery always requires some level of shakedown ... i'd be interested in that. Assuming I don't get electrocuted in the bait tank LOL

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
I rode the Avanti some 30 years ago it was a nice ride.
Built more like a yacht,you could sit at a bar looking out a picture window towards the bow
while eating breakfast.We slayed the albies.I even won an oldschool wood tackle box
for having big fish for the landing that day and JP on the boat.

Mike

Upvote 0

Tom Jr.

Retired Crane Operator Local 12
Aug 1, 2009
Riverside,Ca.
Name
Tom Jr.
Boat
yes
the bait wells & tank are fiberglass but the pump and water are conductive I used the crews volt meter because I was the one that got shocked the meter read 1 volt so get over that the tank & bait wells are fiberglass.

Upvote 0

GATR

Almost A Member
May 29, 2010
Oceanside
Name
Bob
Boat
Old Gregor
The air-conditioning being out on one of the hottest days of the year made sleeping uncomfortable at best. We burned a lot of bait on day one trying to get the bluefin to bite, and overnight a lot of it rolled. These are valid complaints.
During a "plunker" bluefin bite the guy on the bait tank does not normally load up the handwells, he will slow chum the weaker baits and pick out lively baits for people as they come up. Neal is a long time captain and I am sure he knows how to do this.I don't know what happened, but it is easier to ask for a good bait than to dig one out of the tank with your hands.
I was the one who attempted to gaff your yellowtail, those 2-3lb yellows tend to come in a bit "hot" when winched in on 25-30lb test line. We usually have people bounce these small grade fish, but when I heard you yelling "gaff" I did try to gaff it rather than having you bounce it as you seemed overly excited and a bit spastic. I instructed you to keep the rod perpendicular to the boat to avoid the fish from breaking you off. I did not and do not yell at passengers. You shoved me and then bounced the fish. It was brought on board and I told you that there was "no need to shove me, we want to put fish on the boat as bad as you do." Neal asked you to let line out as you had the fish wound nearly to the tip and that was the end of it.
I have been a 100 ton Captain in San Diego for 12 years and have gaffed thousands of fish, that doesn't make me perfect. Those little fish can be tough to gaff, and it often requires a team effort between the gaffer and fisherman. That being said I have never had a passenger shove me in all that time. You were completely out of line, and even the charter master apologized for your behavior. I was ok chalking it up to a new guy getting overly excited in the heat of the moment, but that was before you come here and bash the boat and crew in a public forum.

Upvote 0

Enfuego

Your favorite Realtor
Jun 3, 2004
Rancho San Diego
www.CalRealtySD.com
Name
Yusef
Boat
None
New boat blues. I wouldn't judge them on a maiden voyage. Sucks you were the test group , but someone had to be. Another boat back in the fleet is great, hopefully they shake the wrinkled out soon.

Upvote 0

PaDDy Killer'

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 9, 2008
Santa Clarita
Name
Patrick
Boat
Parker 2520 & 17' Whaler
I for one am looking very forward to fishing this boat boat with Sansu and crew. I know they been working there ass off 24/7 getting this boat up to there standards. It was a shakedown trip. You guys bitching should be bitching at your charter master. Even brand new boats off the showroom floor have shit go wrong.

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
Brookings Oregon
Name
mike
Boat
19"Gregor
It seems alot of guys have Blooodydecks mixed up with Yelp
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Upvote 0

bass413

Aug 6, 2012
Riverside, Ca
Name
Zach
Boat
Stratos 196
For anyone who's following this thread and is wondering if Rich (sansou) and I have talked.... Yes, we have. Rich took the time to call me and we spoke for an hour.

Rich, again, I really appreciate the time. I know you didn't have to call me and you could have just let it go. The fact that you responded and then took the time to call means a lot. Thanks again.

Upvote 0