ocsleeper

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC
ALL firearms are illegal in Mexico... how is that working out?
I don't think I have ever met anyone who advocated removing ALL guns. Even people I know who consider themselves very liberal believe in certain extent of gun ownership.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
Totally agreed.
Off point, but let me add, in the case of mass shootings that are stopped by either an armed civilian or police, the average duration in the case of police intervention is about 15 minutes. But, when an armed citizen intervenes, it is less than 3 minutes. And, during the time it takes for police to intervene, 5 times as many people get killed. Meaning, if you find yourself in a mass shooting situation, you better hope there is an armed citizen around, even if you yourself are not armed. And, by the way, it cannot be a coincidence that most of these mass shootings take place in gun free zones, or that the highest gun violence rates are in the cities with the most stringent anti-gun laws. Thinking this stuff through requires rational thought. That's way the libs wait for a mass shooting so they can appeal to everyone's emotions.
a incident that many never heard of in texas there was a mass shooting, stopped by a citizen with a rifle. for the most part incidents like these are not reported by mainstream media because it does not fit their narrative.
for those that don't know........goggle steven wiliford.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
I don't think I have ever met anyone who advocated removing ALL guns. Even people I know who consider themselves very liberal believe in certain extent of gun ownership.
from the top down in california....ever hear of Diane fienstien?
"mr. and mrs. america.....turn them all in"

she learned back then that she couldn't take them all at once. so know the strategy is to regulate and remove one piece at a time......its working.

Reactions: Fish Asassin

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Actually pretty good.Please don't assume that i think we should ban firearms here in the states.
"actually pretty good"????? in 2015 the death rate by gun in mexico was 6.34 per 100,000 population.......while in the same year the death rate in the US was......4.46 per 100,000 population........i'd love to know what you base your opinion on?

Last edited:

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
Actually pretty good.Please don't assume that i think we should ban firearms here in the states.

really ?

In 2018, the homicide rate in Mexico hit a record high of 35,964, spiking 12 percent from the year before, according to the country's National Institute of Statistics and Geography. Of those murders, at least 20,005 were carried out with guns.

Reactions: kindafishy

HookEmDanO

Huhuhuge member
Jan 31, 2004
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
1997 Trophy 2352
I know A bunch Of Mexican Guy
that have places
in Mex, and they say if you don't have A gun
hidden some place in the House ,
to protect your home down their,
the Banditos will rob you blind.

"bunch Of Mexican Guy" :rofl::rofl:

you shoot my guy ?

Reactions: wils

Deepsea Warrant

No Status Required
May 5, 2018
Panama City Beach via Imperial Beach
Name
Ray
Boat
None
Interesting facts according to the latest CDC report (2017).
There were 39,773 deaths by firearms in 2017.

- 6 out of 10 deaths by firearms are the results of suicides(23,854).
- Of the remaining 15,919, 14,542 were murders perpetrated by criminals (how many of those do you actually think gun control would have prevented?).
- Of the remaining 1,377, 85 were killed in mass shootings (FBI report)

Comparisons:
- Deaths by cars and bicycles (2016) 37,461
- Deaths from distracted driving (2016) 3,450
- Deaths in 2017 playing football 13

Preventing unnecessary loss of life is not the true agenda of the liberals and media. It is the systematic disarming of America. Ronald Reagan said it best:

Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again.

Cannot do that without the 2nd Amendment!

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
The assault on the 2nd Amendment is all about control and the Government at least the liberal side wanting to take it. They will use the liberal media to brainwash people.

I personally don't see the need for high capacity magazines but that's just me and I won't tell some one they don't need them or support any party or person that does.

I won't be giving up my guns no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:

ocsleeper

May 1, 2008
Anaheim
Name
Ricky
Boat
Cobia 220 DC
Since this is a fishing forum, I'm curious to know how guns incorporate into your fishing routine? Will an AR keep me from skunking on those damn bluefins? I really need to catch one of things while I'm still young enough to pull on them.

yellowklr

My Best Catch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 22, 2003
San Diego,Ca
Name
Derek
Boat
complicated
Yes I agree. As we all know politicians have a way of passing laws that have unintended consequences. Just because I am philosophically in favor of banning atomatic weapons I realistically can not see how they would or could write legislation to achieve that specific purpose without impeding upon our right to own all other types of guns.
automatic weapons have always been banned....

stonefly

Apr 21, 2007
sacramento, ca.
Name
randy welsh
Boat
16' mirrocraft
I am not criticizing anyone's opinions. I can discuss issures with people whom have different opinions without getting crazy. Afterall, if we all were of the same thought it would be a boring world.
Excellent!!

First lets just say it out loud that the reason you get anti gun adds is because of frequenting anti gun sites.

The hit to shots fired ratio of trained law enforcement who qualify regularly and weren't just awakened in the middle of the night is said to be about 20%.

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/comment...y-magazines-even-police-only-hit-1-in-5-shots

Not lethal hits or disabling hits just "hits".

Perhaps youv'e heard of home invasion type robberies?

They typically involve 3 or more assailants.

Your choice, 10 round magazines as "dictated" by the state of Calif.? or standard capacity magazines?
Do the math.

gnehekul

Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
Excellent!!

First lets just say it out loud that the reason you get anti gun adds is because of frequenting anti gun sites.

The hit to shots fired ratio of trained law enforcement who qualify regularly and weren't just awakened in the middle of the night is said to be about 20%.

http://cfif.org/v/index.php/comment...y-magazines-even-police-only-hit-1-in-5-shots

Not lethal hits or disabling hits just "hits".

Perhaps youv'e heard of home invasion type robberies?

They typically involve 3 or more assailants.

Your choice, 10 round magazines as "dictated" by the state of Calif.? or standard capacity magazines?
Do the math.
Extended is even better

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Since this is a fishing forum, I'm curious to know how guns incorporate into your fishing routine? Will an AR keep me from skunking on those damn bluefins? I really need to catch one of things while I'm still young enough to pull on them.
whats the category that this thread is posted in?

snappereater

Well-Known "Member"
May 4, 2015
Arizona
Name
Drew
Boat
none
I often hunt with an AR with a suppressor and or carry a SBR with suppressor. California's laws are jacked up, they classify a .22 cal bullet into an assualt rifle, which there is no such item in civilian and even in many PD units. AR is from Armalite Rifle and nothing more.

Free state and free 2nd amendment rights should not be infringed upon, else you give up all freedoms.

Reactions: jer dog

titan05

Pelagic Terminator
Apr 7, 2004
San Diego North County
Name
Jim
Boat
Chelsea Rae
One of the things I liked about BD was that politics were NOT allowed and how in the hell guns or guns rights relate to "Fishing Chit Chat" escapes me.......take this over to AllCoast on their political forum or to Facebook and have at it.

Reactions: stephen campbell

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
One of the things I liked about BD was that politics were NOT allowed and how in the hell guns or guns rights relate to "Fishing Chit Chat" escapes me.......take this over to AllCoast on their political forum or to Facebook and have at it.
What? You don't fish with an AR15? There is nothing political about fishing with AR15s. Its just a lifestyle and preference. Some like Calstar or Phoenix. Others prefer Smith and Wesson.

Fish Asassin

one cast = one kill
May 16, 2012
San Diego / Baja
Name
Fred Garvin
Boat
U.S.S. Mobile (LKA 115)
OK,
Being vigilant over our Constitution and Bill of Rights is not "politics", in my opinion. But I respect your opinion, because we also respect the 1st amendment.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
you can always ignore the content you don't want to see.

Reactions: Fish Asassin