Gull and Lundy Lake report

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by rstephens91350, May 31, 2012.

1. rstephens91350

rstephens91350 Newbie

Name:
    roger
    Boat:
    18' 4Winns - traded for plumbing work
    Fished Gull pretty hard all day yesterday for 2 limits of "slightly" mature stockers...and there were two of us. Slow bite in morning, only 3 with all on garlic power worms near the reeds. Fished reeds mid-lake in afternoon and the non-floating pinched Berkley crawlers were on fire, caught 10 in about 4 hours. Hung them under a bubble and floated them parallel to reeds. My buddy caught a few on the garlic floating worms. Only 3 fish all day on any type of power-type baits. Fished Lundy for 4 hours this afternoon and just about anything garlic flavored worked. Garlic power worms in yellow were hot again, floating garlic crawlers close 2nd, only 2 on power bait. 2 more days up here

2. cxwrightx85

cxwrightx85 Newbie

Name:
    cody
    Boat:
    nitro
    let us know what other lakes you hit up there, thanks for the report. nice job.

3. Zombie

Zombie Member

Name:
    Randy
    Boat:
    Bennington

Cool. When I lived in Mammoth and used to float tube Gull, chartreuse Crappie jigs near the reeds killed 'em. My favorite spots up there are the loops lakes and Virginia.