Guide Wrap Color Combinations...Post yours!

tgorman

Jul 22, 2010
San Diego CA
fcloans.com
Name
Todd Gorman
Boat
Robalo R180
DSC_0359 (2).JPG
DSC_0358 (2).JPG
DSC_0356 (2).JPG

This is my Rod for Batson Fred Hall giveaway

Been wanting to do Purple for a while. It is my wife's favorite color and have had a pile of purple and wine colored thread I've not used yet. So, I
channeled my inner JT with some saw blades and JTOB's and some other inspirations from this thread. I've had an idea of a cool foregrip with a long Type 1 pineapple Turks head and finally got to try it. It is gutted type 1 paracord over some old tappered EVA. Sorta pissed off it twisted while tightening and didn't stay straight. But it still looks pretty cool and the twist doesn't show much when in your hand. Shows more in this high def photos than in person.

Same with the HD photos of my guides.. It is scarry to look at as these old eyes don't see my mistakes. Ken told me to not be so hard on myself. But I still see too many mistakes. I know I can get better and I come to this thread a lot. Just to get the creative juices flowing.

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y

FAT CAT

FAT CAT
Nov 11, 2007
Baja Sur, MX
Name
Bill Burkett
Boat
22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
That's a bad-ass build Todd. That grip looks like a whole lotta' work! It looks perfect to me.

The photos are gigantic with this newest change. I can see all my errors too. Don't sweat it though, nobody else really will see the things you do - you know where to look.

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
Dec 28, 2017
Lake Los Angeles, CA
Name
Hector Garcia
Boat
I need a ride.
SS OSP2X4 7ft 6in long with Rail Dawg grip. Rod has Alps Centralock in black, black Perfection gimball, tripple wrapped Alps guides in black. And a beautiful spiral butt wrap in white and silver. Just for a little pop. A lot of pics are not able to load, so if interested in purchasing, txt me for better/more pics.

Rod is being sold. DM or txt me for details/questions.

Hector
323-338-2107

Attachments

Reactions: F.I.S.H.Y

Hector Garcia

@hectorscustomrods on instagram
Dec 28, 2017
Lake Los Angeles, CA
Name
Hector Garcia
Boat
I need a ride.
Rewrapping this UC rod. Took everything off, and wet sanded the blank and recoated with CPX. Rod was in really rough shape. Clear coat was peeling really bad. Got it as good as I could.

Attachments