Dave's Delta

"No, we're not catching"
Apr 9, 2009
Auburn & Westport, WA.
Name
Dave
Boat
Looking for a Delta
Yep. Starry Flounder for sure. Has anybody ever filleted one right out of the water and thrown it back overboard and watched it swim away?

Salmonmoocher

"Holding My Own Rod"
Sep 9, 2009
Puyallup, WA - USA
Name
Billy Bob
Boat
27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
Looks like you hooked Dumbass that responded to this nonsense
It’s gonna be. Long off season :finger::finger:

Reactions: Calis

Hunter Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
Flatfish come up in the water column all the time. Go to any of the local fishing piers and you have a good chance to see them near the surface. They are attracted to the lights just like anything else that swims. A few years back I was a salmon mooching trip on the Hula Girl out of Westport and then then deck hand, now co-captain Jason Westrick told me the sole were up in the water column feeding on the small blue jellyfish. I didn't want to believe that even a stupid sole was dumb enough to eat those, but sure enough!! At one point Jason hollers for me and a lady customer had a sole with a hugely swollen belly. Looked like it swallowed a tennis ball. Jason unhooked , turned it upside down and squeezed. Partially digested gelatinous jelly goo oozed outta that fish for a long time. Ick, gross and double barf bags! Haven't wanted to eat a sole since then either.

Baby J

Jul 28, 2017
Puyallup
Name
Jeremy
Boat
23' Walkaround
Damn you guys are harsh. Must be jelly that you can’t catch flounder on the troll. :rolleyes: