Offshore Guess I’ll go fuck myself

Tygrande24

May 4, 2021
San diego
Name
Ty grande
Boat
Mojo
Decided to head out early yesterday morning after seeing how well everybody did the day before on yellows and dodo. Seemed like the 371 area went off so we left SD at 430 with 2 scoops and made it to the 371 in some fucked up weather at day light. Found the First Paddy real quick, nobody home… 10 paddy’s and a million bird later I decided to head towards the 226, same story, big paddy’s, little paddy’s, good swimming deens and macs, didn’t matter. Around 5 o’clock we decided we were done getting raped by the ocean and went and slayed a few calico and cudas at Point Loma before returning home to face the shame of getting shafted. 1 day makes a big difference in location I guess.

ChaseTheBait

Eat em raw
Mar 19, 2019
San Diego
Name
Chase
Boat
Carolina Skiff 1800
Been seeing alot of posts with similar titles lol. Didn't realize it was so damn tough out there until I bought my 18ft skiff. Been getting raped by the ocean so often makes me want to buy a bigger boat. It's hard to keep your head in the game when youre getting thrown around, splashed, and skunked, but I just gotta keep reminding myself how lucky I am to be able to go out on the weekends and chase fish in SD when most guys are standing on the jetty or pier all day just hoping to catch a trash fish.

This weekend should be nice, get out there and hammer em.

ChaseTheBait
ChaseTheBait
2520 is a fucking dream boat!
Upvote 0
T
Tygrande24
Of course man! It’s all part of the game and a little bit of joking around keeps the fun in it. I’ve had awesome days on the water and it can’t always be rainbows and blowjobs out there. Got a Parker 2520 with an evinrude 250 and even then makes you want a 30😂🙄
bazzturd
bazzturd
I did better in my Parker 18 cc than my 228 Seafarer. I am fishing ina much different capacity though. Give it time.

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
Valley Center, CA
Name
John
Boat
1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
It is about time on the water and determing what days are a good one to go fish offshore in a small boat. My boat is just about 19 feet long with a single 115 Four Stroke Yamaha. I am constantly looking at multiple weather forecasts before I will bother to go offshore. Winds are an issue but so is a short interval mixed swell. You can catch Bluefin on a small boat. Plenty of guys have done it on boats shorter than 18 feet. But, you pick your days carefully. It can be frustrating. Especially with Bluefin. But, you just need to stick one. If you get one on your own boat, that memory will stay with you a very long time.

John

dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
Good effort. Shows really windy conditions for the next week. Good for sailing! Thanks for the report.
I have an overnight trip next Thursday fishing Friday and checked windy.com where are you seeing the windy conditions?

Upvote 0

Ahkhuang

• Mar 11, 2021
    Los Angeles, California
    www.bdoutdoors.com
    Name
    Albert Huang
    Boat
    1975 Hatteras 36C
    I have an overnight trip next Thursday fishing Friday and checked windy.com where are you seeing the windy conditions?
    Mostly up until Thursday. Friday looks nice 👍
    Screenshot_20210729-113355_WINDY.jpg
    Screenshot_20210729-113410_WINDY.jpg

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

dudeman

Apr 5, 2011
    san diego
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    Fish Taco
    Yep, sounds like my last 2 trips. I try to convince myself I just like time on the water. And I do, imagine if we caught limits every trip. Nevermind, that would be awsome. I hope this wind backs off next week. I'm due for some catching too.

Reactions: Tygrande24
    Upvote 0

Fred100

Jul 24, 2008
    Vista
    Name
    Fred
    Boat
    none
    Dang, hope kids are not reading the title of your post. Old school here but was taught to keep a lid on it around kids and women. Sure I will get called on for being too sensitive but am old enough to take the heat. Totally understand the bluefin frustration. My recent trip on the San Diego saw a huge amount of bait used for a 12 hour trip. Very fortunate to average over 1 fish per angler. Hope they start biting soon. In the meantime, enjoy the moment the best we can. Life is short.
    Respectfully, A fellow fisherman.

Upvote 0

DaveyK

Trying to Learn
    May 29, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Dave K
    Boat
    n/a
    Sounds about right, even all the full day offshore SD boats this past week are averaging about 1-2 fish for every 30 anglers it seems like. Not for lack of fish either, they're just not biting. Hopefully it turns around asap.

Upvote 0

oniedab

Fishing is there anything else?
    Jul 17, 2009
    visalia/ca/Tulare
    Name
    mike hagans
    Boat
    28ft Grady White Sailfish
    If it makes you feel better, I have a 28ft boat and it feels just as bad getting skunked in it and oh yeah, i get a lot less fuel economy than you do. Granted, I am a lot dryer! Skunk is skunk!

Upvote 0