Artois

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 29, 2011
Artois/CA/USA
Name
Roy
Boat
Not Given
Could Mexico please quit dumping all their RAW Sewage into the ocean near Imperial Beach Calif. They say they are so environmentally concerned about the ocean waters.
Nice, that comment will help get the island open. Let's remember who all reads these posts.

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
29 years ago. The Cardiff reef sewage pipe was a battle to get extended. How far does it go out now?

When the ocean infects people. Not good. Thank you enviros :D

Del Mar old school pipe. Big sheapshead

Sewer peak Santa Cruz. How's that system?

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.
Sewer peak Santa Cruz. How's that system?
They stopped that over 30 years ago.

Ironically, the outflow wasn't actually at Sewer Peak. It was inside of First Peak. You could see it discoloring the water and it smelled bad. We called it Brown's Bar.

Fuckin' nasty . . . but that didn't stop us :beerbang:

Reactions: ZZZZZ

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Greensboro North Carolina
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
Leaving on a 6 day next week that usually goes to Lupe. The online booking account just showed $ refunded that equals the cost of visiting Lupe so it appears Lupe is not happening this trip. Still awaiting for the trip details to arrive via email. Ensenada Harbor is still shut down by the MEx government due to Covid so one can not check in and out for Lupe.

Now the ? for me is do they bomb down to the ridge or stay in the BFT/YFT zones from SD to Geronimo Island areas.

For those not familiar, a trip will have a basic cost and then there are a couple of "extra" fees" and this is where the refunded $ came from. The vessel has the Lupe permits for this year. But for each trip, each person must pay more for their individual Lupe fishing permit just like the daily fee one pays to fish at the Coronados. This is the "extra" that was refunded to my account.

FYI on the LUPE front
Let us know how the trip goes!!! And good luck!!

ZZZZZ

Dec 11, 2003
Name
Boat
They stopped that over 30 years ago.

Ironically, the outflow wasn't actually at Sewer Peak. It was inside of First Peak. You could see it discoloring the water and it smelled bad. We called it Brown's Bar.

Fuckin' nasty . . . but that didn't stop us :beerbang:
Name a wave and it's over. Connected sewer peak into the top of pleasure point on a not solid wave, low tide aid staying 3 houses away from the O'Neil house. I paddle out solo so nobody knows who I am. Works out better then being part of the Santa Cruz sides. I won't even say a word. Who is this guy. SC hates more on people from Santa Cruz rather then outsiders

I did like the short punchy left

Roadrunner

Oct 3, 2004
San Diego
Name
John Gleaves
Boat
20 foot, Westcoaster, Roadrunner
Just got back from my yearly 6 day Vagabond trip that usually goes to Lupe to start August. No go this year as we could not check in at Ensenada port as it was still closed.

So we headed to the area west of San Clemente Island and got into the BFT - Most all got 2 jumbos on the kite along with some smaller grade ones on bait & snipers. Tossed in some nice YT from Cortez banks - bait, yoyo, and surface iron was working.

Penn sponsored trip so a big thank you to Penn and Steve Carson as I won a Fathom 15 2 speed reel for the largest YT at 27.7 pounds.

Rough for the first 2 days ( July 29 - 31 ) then started to lay down to almost glass by Aug 3. A sad note is that an AMPHIB navy craft went down in our area during the bad weather and we lost some of our warriors.

dtf

Apr 16, 2004
So. Bay Ca
Name
David
Boat
22ft, Pursuit
Name a wave and it's over. Connected sewer peak into the top of pleasure point on a not solid wave, low tide aid staying 3 houses away from the O'Neil house. I paddle out solo so nobody knows who I am. Works out better then being part of the Santa Cruz sides. I won't even say a word. Who is this guy. SC hates more on people from Santa Cruz rather then outsiders

????????????????????????

DennisV

Jan 4, 2017
Paloma, CA
Name
Dennis Vagt
Boat
Just a NuCanoe Frontier now.

That bowl was punchy indeed. Are you a goofy foot? Took me a while to break into the Sewer Peak crew. Lot of Nazi thugs there.
Moved there in 1973. Lived on 37th Ave, a block from the cliff. It was heaven back then.
East sider for sure. Only surfed the Lane and Stockton Ave on the west side. David and Richard Schmitt were friends of mine so I got a pass.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
The guy asks a simple question about Guadalupe being open for fishing this year and you get a bunch of posts about raw sewage in Tijuana and surfing in Santa Cruz. WTF?
It’s BD. What did you expect, for it to stay on topic start to finish?

At least it hasn’t gotten political.......yet

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
Yea, I keep clicking on this every time there is a new post thinking someone has new info about the Guadalupe permits and checking in at Ensenada. A lot of people have trips coming up soon and it would be nice to know if we are going to be able to fish Guadalupe or not.

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
I’ve heard from unconfirmed sources that the island is closed to the entire fleet for the entire season. Also saw it on a Facebook post.
I’m surprised no one has brought this up. Actually I’m not surprised.

Last edited:

Lake

Mar 31, 2003
Visalia, CA
Name
Blaine Lake
Boat
none
Giving the island a break for a year will probably be beneficial. It seems like every year the fish have been getting pickier.

Yellowtail Dan

Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I sure hope it opens up, having that option on my 10 day at the end of November is huge,. It literally saved our trip last year on the AA because the water at the rocks and ridge had turned over and it was dead

SCHeadhunter

May 22, 2006
san clemente
Name
Tom
Boat
Sold to the man with $$$
I sure hope it opens up, having that option on my 10 day at the end of November is huge,. It literally saved our trip last year on the AA because the water at the rocks and ridge had turned over and it was dead
I would say the odds are slim to none on that happening. I have heard that the proclamation from Mexico was very clear. Lupe 2020 aint going to happen.
And no one is going to talk about it.
Last night sitting on the couch it suddenly sank in how fucked up things are due to Covid. My business, my poor parents in senior care, my sons wedding ceremony in Europe getting canceled, etc.
And I've tried to remain optimistic about Long ranging and let's face it, my wife is super nervous about me getting on any boats until a vaccine is available. My desire to fish has been causing stress. I'm fucking over it.
Tommy, Susan. Alec, Team Supreme are just trying to keep trips going. I love these guys and only want the best for them. They run a great operation.
Once guys get real about Lupe closure, I'm sure it's only going to get worse,
Sorry about being so upbeat in this post.

Tedward2020

Autistic fisherman
Apr 5, 2020
Greensboro North Carolina
Name
Ted Allegranza
Boat
None
So since my trip is supposed to be Guadalupe for December 4-11 shud I cancel or still go and get lucky hoping theirs giants around locally at that time?