litzsout619

Oncorhynchus tshawytscha
Jan 29, 2009
Sitka//619/Kalama
Name
Jason
Boat Name
ORCA 31'
Let’s just get right to it. Rumblings about Guadalupe permits not being issued this year are gaining traction? Im sure the best community on bloody decks have some info and opinions. Fair seas and tight lines!

vegasandre

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat Name
Any Boat that I can go on
I have not heard that.. typically they come out in July.

Upvote 0

JHJ32883

Almost A Member
May 4, 2008
San Diego, CA USA
Name
Jay
Boat Name
N/A
While I was booking all my trips, late 2021, the office of one of the LR boats warned me that the permits would almost double in price. Obviously, things may have changed since. But, I don't see any government passing on money, much less double previous revenue

Upvote 0

Mendomike

Apr 1, 2022
Weimar, Ca
Name
Mike Ayers
Boat Name
Don’t own a boat
on the American Angler “Kimura” trip we added a day to our annual 7 day to bypass Guadalupe and go strait to the Rocks. The permits last year were 500$ (Double the year before). Just for the privilege of losing 50% of your fish. It’s just robbery so we now have an 8 day. The 500$ savings offsets the extra price for the one more day. So now the Mexican govt will be 12,000$ lighter in revenue.

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
As my friend Brad says, “common sense is not common enough”

Last edited:
Reactions: Brad I
Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
Right behind you, Mike on the McClary-Doyle 8 day. Guess we’ll just have to roll on down to Alijos and the Ridge and catch a couple of Wahoo… :)

Upvote 0

Mendomike

Apr 1, 2022
Weimar, Ca
Name
Mike Ayers
Boat Name
Don’t own a boat
Right behind you, Mike on the McClary-Doyle 8 day. Guess we’ll just have to roll on down to Alijos and the Ridge and catch a couple of Wahoo… :)

6AD1EA7E-59DC-4BAC-A0DE-0FC62060125D.jpeg

Reactions: Steve K
Upvote 0

Tom Honaker

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 27, 2015
Hotchkiss Colorado
Name
Tom Honaker
Boat Name
Royal Star
Maria said on Friday that the Red Rooster has valid permits
Looks like my boat of choice is getting them as well. Not sure how these stories always happen this time of year about Guadalupe permits. It's not even June yet, most of the recent years, they don't even issue them until July. I'd tell anglers to not get too excited yet about unsubstantiated rumors, and for those on 8-10 day trips, you're going fishing either way, no Guadalupe, you may end up killing the wahoo! Or having some stellar bluefin fishing, or lots of other great opportunities! Me personally, the only thing I really worry about is the conditions and the weather. Good weather, probably going to have lots of great opportunity! Who knows, might be some great lower banks big tuna fishing. Either way, fish hard and take advantage of the opportunities you do have! That's all I gotta say about that!!

ChicoBob

Almost A Member
  • Mar 10, 2018
    Chico, CA
    Name
    Robert Wiechert
    Boat Name
    North River
    The Island is open, just waiting on the ok from the new island director before trips can go there. RRlll has permit. I understand a few others do as well.

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    Yes please enlighten the group
    Yeah, remember this: “Jake, it’s Chinatown.”

Well, it’s Mexico.

Upvote 0
    Mar 18, 2011
    SoCal
    Name
    Doug
    Boat Name
    Royal Polaris
    Permits are one thing. Permission is another. Some of the boats have already been issued their permits, but the price of "permission" is what's still in discussion.

Throwing your wallet on the ground for them to completely gut and drain will be your only option if your trip elects to go. "Permission" is going to be outrageous....

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

ChicoBob

Almost A Member
  • Mar 10, 2018
    Chico, CA
    Name
    Robert Wiechert
    Boat Name
    North River
    Not going to the Lupe next week on RRIII. Those in charge of "permission" don't have their s--t together yet. They tried to clear the boat, but no go.

Reactions: RichG
    Upvote 0

Yellowtail Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Apr 10, 2006
    Roseville Ca
    Name
    Dan
    Boat Name
    Excel, American Angler
    What I’ve been told is boats have their permits but some Authority in Mexico has told them the island is closed this year. Boats are fighting in Mexican courts but it doesn’t look good

Keep your fingers crossed and do what I was told to prepare. “Bring the kitchen sink”

Upvote 0

Mendomike

Apr 1, 2022
    Weimar, Ca
    Name
    Mike Ayers
    Boat Name
    Don’t own a boat
    Was on that trip last year. I thought I had a professional drinking career until I went on that trip and realized I was a rookie! 🤣 Good group of people though. Say hi to Hoss for me!
    this post cracks me up to no end!!! LOL>>> a member of the AA crew last year stated " Dude... their biggest priority is how many handles is enough for the current trip"? and when i walked off my last 7 day I looked at the carts in the waiting line to board the M.D. trip and I swear the carts were loaded with handle after handle... cases of wine. its a weeklong party on the Mclary Doyle trip. God Bless them. but on both trips, we were smart enough to realize that it's in our best interest to bypass Guadalupe fees and nonstop Great White Shark attacks. I'm looking forward to The Ridge and Alejo's. An epic destination for any hardcore offshore angler.

Upvote 0