Soda Pop

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat Name
Long range fishing
Heading to the Lupe once again. Packing my rods and reels needed for this Lupe style fishing. Line class - 50-60-80 and 100 with Fluro for all my top shots. Will be fishing the BIG X for 4 days at the Lupe. Excited to be on this Excel trip #2 fishing in Dec. This will be my first time fishing the Lupe in the month of Dec . I fished last time back in June & July with the tax man ... however we didn't pay that many taxes and fishing was very good. I will also toss in a few irons and jigs and a 100 pound outfit if we do the dropper loop for the BIG Yellowtail. Back in July I was rewarded with a nice mid 40's size yellowtail coming in on a fly lined sardine.
EXCEL-1024x563.jpg

1638981719924.png

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat Name
10' Model T
Did it recover from the water rolling, or was that fake news? I thought I saw a mention of it a week or so ago then saw the Apollo returned with a good load, so was curious. The 5 day on the Shogun I was on that was supposed to leave Friday was cancelled so I'm jealous, hope you guys kill it!

Upvote 0

baja_01

May 29, 2015
Name
Ryan F
Boat Name
panga
I think the packing is finally done. Now the last minute panic of "Did I remember to do that?" starts.

Reactions: stephen campbell
James Stinnett
James Stinnett
Don't forget to bubble wrap yourself to stay safe.. I go into "bubble wrap mode" a week before a trip.. Don't forget some KNEE PADS. They come in handy when catching multiple 100 pd fish in a day. COMFORTABLE to grind on the raid with a set. GL
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

baja_01

May 29, 2015
Name
Ryan F
Boat Name
panga
Update from Jason:

"As you've probably already checked out the weather for your upcoming trip, the front end of the trip is looking at very high winds. With the wind and swell direction coming from the south, it's possible USCG will shut down the harbor on Tuesday.

The game plan at this point is for everyone to come down and do check in like planned on the 14th. For safety concerns, we will likely not depart until the 15th. You can stay onboard and the Captain will make the call as to when departure will occur.

If all the passengers can be flexible on the return date, we can extend the trip to return on the 21st.

I'm currently on the Excel so I wont be able to get calls in the office obviously.
We'll assess the weather and game plan on the 14th and go from there."

Always bad when the weather apps have to break out a new wind color. Maybe the stars will align and everyone can extend for 4 days of fishing at the island, but I would rather 3 safe days than no days.

Upvote 0

Sailing La Reina

Almost A Member
Apr 10, 2019
San Pedro, CA
Name
Chris
Boat Name
La Reina
It still beats staying home. I’ll be on the RP, departing Wednesday the 15th. Gook luck to all of you on your quest to slay them fin headed beasties.

Upvote 0