richardblufin

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 23, 2009
poway ca.usa
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
Hey guys going this Sept on a 6day boat Spirit of Adventure. Plan on yellowfin I hope, and yellowtail. Do they catch both in Sept? Thanks Richardblufin

Crashburn

Executive Board Member
Feb 26, 2013
Dog Beach Mostly
Name
Mike
Boat
Never Ever Again 7 has been enough !
Yes !
yellowfin. Fly-line
Big yellowtail. Dropper-loop
Always use fluorocarbon at the Lupe I've proved over & over it makes a difference there like nowhere else.

ShadBurke

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 28, 2005
Carlsbad
Name
Shad Burke
Boat
22' Boston Whaler Guardians
We have hammered it there in September before. It's either wide open or ice cold...........

For the big yellowfin, helium balloon or the kite w/ local caught spanish macks as bait.

Bring all the scrambled egg salas 6x you can find, you'll need it. We went thru I think 30 of them on the last trip.

jayyyy

Oct 7, 2008
NorCal
Name
jay
Boat
'04 Sea Pro 220 WA / 225 Honda
All that and a bag of chips, thats prime time at the lupe or points south.

seriola_killer

Dalurker's #1 Fan
Mar 24, 2008
Hurst, Tx
Name
Jerry
Boat
The Moose Knuckle
We have hammered it there in September before. It's either wide open or ice cold...........
This ^^^

Bring all the scrambled egg salas 6x you can find, you'll need it. We went thru I think 30 of them on the last trip.
This ^^^ Although I prefer the 4/0's. Fish that shit on 100# spectra with a short top shot of Izor 80#, button down the drag on a Baja Special, and hold on to your ass or you're going for a swim.

makomiko

makomiko
Jun 25, 2006
San Clemente
Name
Mike
Boat
Hobie Pro Angler 12
Your fishing on a great boat with a great crew. I have a 7 day leaving Sept. 20. Last year we did not fish the Lupe due to "special" permit issue needed to fish there. Either way you will have a great trip. makomiko

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
www.thefishingweatherman.com
Name
Chris
Boat
none
Richard- Which trip are you on? I am on the SOA 6-day that leaves September 14. Guadalupe was always a likely destination at that time of year for that length of trip before the tighter restrictions went into effect. Even you don't go to the big island, it's prime time for YFT and yellowtail for that length of trip (along with dorado and maybe a smattering of albacore?) -Chris Dunn

richardblufin

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 23, 2009
poway ca.usa
Name
Richard Jones
Boat
Bigger is Better Thats what she said
Hey Chris Sept 14 SOA. Cool alredy met a buddy. Lets stay in touch I will need help on what to bring tackle wise. My name is Richard Jones I live in Poway north of San Diego.

jiggyn

Do you even fish?
Jan 26, 2008
Torrance
Name
Jerr
Boat
Suck it
if the captain decides to do so and fish the weather side of the island.... Hold on the yellows there are beasts and will rock you into the pinnacles. Lost oh 5 irons within an hour

wxdunn

Oct 11, 2009
Mobile, AL
www.thefishingweatherman.com
Name
Chris
Boat
none
Hey Chris Sept 14 SOA. Cool alredy met a buddy. Lets stay in touch I will need help on what to bring tackle wise. My name is Richard Jones I live in Poway north of San Diego.
Hi Richard! Nice to "meet" someone before the trip leaves... You have picked a great boat. Perhaps the best kept secret in the fleet. I haven't fished with this group, but from what the chartermaster told me the core group of guys has been together for a while now. I was on a 5-day last August http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/san-diego-long-range-fishing/449198-red-rooster-iii-5-day-8-11-8-16-tons-pics.html and we caught bluefin, yellowfin, dorado offshore plus lots of yellows at the coastal islands. The 6 day trip will most likely fish the same areas as a 5 (with the luxury of an extra day thrown in for good measure) OR in a rare case there is always the option to make a B-Line for the rocks and fish 2 days. Looking forward to September and fishing with you....I'll stay in touch. -Chris Dunn

seriola_killer

Dalurker's #1 Fan
Mar 24, 2008
Hurst, Tx
Name
Jerry
Boat
The Moose Knuckle
if the captain decides to do so and fish the weather side of the island.... Hold on the yellows there are beasts and will rock you into the pinnacles. Lost oh 5 irons within an hour
Yup! Break out the winch and broomstick with the heaviest line you can get away with on the dropper loop. It's a rather "neutering" experiece to get broken off properly on 60# gear. Biggest yellow I've gotten was 48lbs, and I know in my heart I've busted off much much MUCH bigger ones on the snotty side of the Lupe.

richb

Sep 22, 2004
Rancho Santa Margarita
Name
Rich
Boat
When I win the lotto to pay for gas
Did a 5 day last September and did pretty well on the Yellowfin to 70 pounds. Also bring a trolling set up for Wahoo as we caught about 10. Have a great time.

Scott Albro

Baja Ca Life
May 15, 2011
San Diego
Name
Scott
Boat
Royal Polaris
2 speed reeels and get em in fast , dont dick around with the bigger fish orthe tax man will get them!

Uglybones

Take a step to the left.
Jul 13, 2008
Lakeside
Name
Ian
Boat
the big one with 30 other people
yes and yes tell mr.teeth I says helloooo... and I still want my fish back!