Opelika al
Name
Quinn L Chenelle
Boat
Independence
7-20-2021
Tim Ekstrom
https://www.royalstar.net

As a preface to today’s admin announcement a sincere extension of gratitude to the Government of Mexico is warranted for allowing our fleet continued access to Isla Guadalupe. It is an amazing, one of a kind, fishing destination that completely encapsulates the spirit of long range fishing.
Prime time for the Isla Guadalupe season is now upon us. Reports of incredible sign and action on premium grade yellowfin tuna are already out. As such we are gearing up to begin our regular runs to the island.
There are some big changes, namely in island access fees, that will now accompany any voyages to Isla Guadalupe. The new daily fees of $1500 pesos per day per angler are written in to Mexican Law. Depending on exchange rates (approximately 19 pesos to one US dollar) this works out to between $75 and $85 U.S. dollars per day per angler. Combined with the approximately $125 U.S. dollars per angler customs clearance fees that have always been associated with Guadalupe voyages the total additional cost for anglers on voyages to Isla Guadalupe could total up to $500 - $600 U.S. dollars. This amount will be reduced if the number of days spent at Isla Guadalupe is less than the anticipated four or five.

Reactions: short-range
Upvote 0

Fincutter

Oct 3, 2016
Bartlett, IL
Name
Greg
Boat
Looking for a new one
If it's slow elsewhere, 2 days at 'Lupe might be a good option on an 8 day variety trip. But with BFT local, my main reason for wanting to go there would be big/mean YT, not so much YFT. Bottom line, it wouldn't be my first choice.

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    Maybe we should take a cue from mexico and institute a $200 dollar per day charge to visit US tourist destinations?
    Whats good for the goose right?