2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat Name
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
Greetings BD! Amy and I just returned from our 10-Day Variety Trip on Intrepid, really fun trip. Now looking for something different with a chance for some larger fish. Guadalupe sounds Amazing! Want to do a 'Lupe trip targeting nice size YT and YFT, with (hopefully) a couple days fishing for larger BFT if we luck out and hit the weather/availability right. Thinking 8-Days would be about right for trip length?

Which boat do you recommend, for a couple? Don't need gourmet food/fancy accommodations. Do want clean boat, fishy skipper, comfortable staterooms and galley, good ride. Price is not the primary consideration.

Which dates and why? Primary goal is "Fun"; won't be the end of the world if the Tax Man gets some or most of our fish; we want Action and Opportunity to hook memorable fish. Early season more sharks; late season more chances for inclement weather; that much is clear; Any thoughts on when the "Sweet Spot" is for Dates? Would love the opportunity to get Amy a chance for a larger model BFT. I have read a bunch of BD posts (love the Search function), getting ready to book now, for the 2022 season.

I think we're pretty well set up with gear for 'Lupe:
  • Tilefish Jr/Torque 25 nld2
  • UC 76HP/Fathom 30/2
  • US Terminator/Torque 30/2
  • US Predator/Mak 15T SEa
  • GP Terminator/Fathom 40 nld2
  • UC Centaur/Mak 16 SEa
  • UC Viper/Mak 20 SEa

All thoughts/suggestions/help much appreciated!

Upvote 0

tunacraze

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 27, 2006
    Santee
    Name
    Steve Brunton
    Boat Name
    The Big Ones
    American Angler in October would be ideal if you can get on. Call Lori in the office. She is the best!

Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

Baller

Jig Chucker
  • Nov 16, 2010
    La Mesa
    Name
    Bill
    Second the AA

Reactions: Cubeye
    Upvote 0

Phishy Phil

Jun 15, 2019
    SoCal
    Name
    Phil
    Boat Name
    Vagbond
    I highly recommend the Vagabond - the boat rides nice, the crew is great, the food is simple but high quality, and Captain Mike Lackey is one of the best in the business. They are filling fast for next year, but there is room in late July (Calstar rods 8 day) as well as late September (Phoenix rods, 7 day). Both of these trips are likely to hit Guadalupe and / or BFT, depending on what's biting. Have a great time, no matter which boat you decide on.

Reactions: tunacraze
    Upvote 0