Tugboat64

150lb tuna club
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
So I recieved a pair of grundens for the holidays and I love them, lightweight, tough, and I love the pocket on the right leg but I’ve been useing them for lobster season and they don’t seem to be 100% waterproof. When I take them off, my sweats or shorts would be damp and moist like an uncomfortable moist and I know it’s not sweat because the inside of the bibs would be really moist.
Is there anything I can do to prevent the amount of water that is getting through? Can I spray like water repellent on them?

jig77

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 18, 2012
huntington beach
Name
michael
Boat
Mako 20'
Curious as to what model of grundens bibs you have? I had a pair of Neptune bibs and would always get wet wearing them, couldn’t figure out where the water was coming from.

Dragon

May 24, 2006
SLO Co.
Name
Paul
Boat
22' Pro Sport CC / 20' Skipjack Open
If you bought the ones that are breathable they are "not waterproof" you need the ones that have a rubber coating. I need to get the waterproof ones I found out the hard (Wet) way too.

fishboy93

Jul 25, 2012
West Coast
Name
Ryan
Boat
It floats
Are you wearing the Hercules bibs, or the the breathable ones. The Hercules don’t leak ever unless you pop a hole in them. The breathables tend to get damp. I’ve notice throwing them in the dryer for 5-10 mins helps Seal the rubber on the seams and so does a little scotch guard in them every few trips.

Tugboat64

150lb tuna club
Sep 8, 2017
La Mirada/Whittier
Name
Logan
Boat
Wanting a bigger boat
Sorry for the late response, I have the large weather watch bibs. Website says they are water proof but they just seem repellant to me.

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
Aug 6, 2016
SoCal - Corona
Name
Christopher
Boat
I know a couple guys...
I bought a pair of Grundens weather watch bibs from a guy off this site. They were straight shit. The inside plastic/rubber lining fell apart and left me with "breathable" bibs...aka Soggy Bottoms after only a couple of times wearing them.

There's always a slight chance that I could have done something to ruin them, but I don't recall putting them in the dryer or having them in the hot garage. It was a waste of 65 bucks.

After that, I bit the bullet and bought a more durable brand. Happily been dry ever since.