Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
Beaches, Bars, and Dining Rooms are ordered to close down for the next 3 weeks. Anyone word if the Sport Fishing industry is going to be affected again?

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
And I’m sure the protests didn’t help slow down the spread but the news won’t mention that
Nope you wont hear a thing about that.. it's the bars and restaurants duh! Why would you think that 1000s of people practically on top of each other could possibly be the problem.

They blame Trump,duh.
Of course! It's all his fault.

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Tuna Jihad toilet cleaner/Intrepid
Since it's been shown that the virus spreads much more indoors than out that's the reason, but hey let's just not pay attention to the actual science.......

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
Information from the same people that told us wearing masks would stop the spread ?
Here's the studies that show they help:

Here's some reading for you to start with: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302301

Results A total of 21 studies met our inclusion criteria. Meta-analyses suggest that mask use provided a significant protective effect (OR = 0.35 and 95% CI = 0.24–0.51). Use of masks by healthcare workers (HCWs) and non-healthcare workers (Non-HCWs) can reduce the risk of respiratory virus infection by 80% (OR = 0.20, 95% CI = 0.11–0.37) and 47% (OR = 0.53, 95% CI = 0.36–0.79). The protective effect of wearing masks in Asia (OR = 0.31) appeared to be higher than that of Western countries (OR = 0.45). Masks had a protective effect against influenza viruses (OR = 0.55), SARS (OR = 0.26), and SARS-CoV-2 (OR = 0.04). In the subgroups based on different study designs, protective effects of wearing mask were significant in cluster randomized trials and observational studies.

Conclusions This study adds additional evidence of the enhanced protective value of masks, we stress that the use masks serve as an adjunctive method regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.

Or this one from the Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Or this one from the NIH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

Results A total of 19 randomised controlled trials were included in this study – 8 in community settings, 6 in healthcare settings and 5 as source control. Most of these randomised controlled trials used different interventions and outcome measures. In the community, masks appeared to be effective with and without hand hygiene, and both together are more protective. Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. When used by sick patients randomised controlled trials suggested protection of well contacts.

Conclusion The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented.

plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Here's the studies that show they help:

Here's some reading for you to start with: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1477893920302301

Results A total of 21 studies met our inclusion criteria. Meta-analyses suggest that mask use provided a significant protective effect (OR = 0.35 and 95% CI = 0.24–0.51). Use of masks by healthcare workers (HCWs) and non-healthcare workers (Non-HCWs) can reduce the risk of respiratory virus infection by 80% (OR = 0.20, 95% CI = 0.11–0.37) and 47% (OR = 0.53, 95% CI = 0.36–0.79). The protective effect of wearing masks in Asia (OR = 0.31) appeared to be higher than that of Western countries (OR = 0.45). Masks had a protective effect against influenza viruses (OR = 0.55), SARS (OR = 0.26), and SARS-CoV-2 (OR = 0.04). In the subgroups based on different study designs, protective effects of wearing mask were significant in cluster randomized trials and observational studies.

Conclusions This study adds additional evidence of the enhanced protective value of masks, we stress that the use masks serve as an adjunctive method regarding the COVID-19 outbreak.

Or this one from the Mayo Clinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

Or this one from the NIH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7191274/

Results A total of 19 randomised controlled trials were included in this study – 8 in community settings, 6 in healthcare settings and 5 as source control. Most of these randomised controlled trials used different interventions and outcome measures. In the community, masks appeared to be effective with and without hand hygiene, and both together are more protective. Randomised controlled trials in health care workers showed that respirators, if worn continually during a shift, were effective but not if worn intermittently. Medical masks were not effective, and cloth masks even less effective. When used by sick patients randomised controlled trials suggested protection of well contacts.

Conclusion The study suggests that community mask use by well people could be beneficial, particularly for COVID-19, where transmission may be pre-symptomatic. The studies of masks as source control also suggest a benefit, and may be important during the COVID-19 pandemic in universal community face mask use as well as in health care settings. Trials in healthcare workers support the use of respirators continuously during a shift. This may prevent health worker infections and deaths from COVID-19, as aerosolisation in the hospital setting has been documented.
That's all nice,yet here we are shutting down again after following the rules.I'm ready to find somebody to infect me just to be done with it.

Marcus

"Oddjob"
May 21, 2004
Carlsbad
Name
Marcus
Boat
That's all nice,yet here we are shutting down again after following the rules.I'm ready to find somebody to infect me just to be done with it.
As much as I'd like to say we were following the rules we aren't. Seen way too many people having BBQs with multiple families, etc. FL, AZ and TX were reopening and their numbers are spiking hard. I get it that people are tired of being cooped up but this isn't going away quickly and without pain to everyone involved.

A buddies brother is a firefighter in OC and ended up intubated in the ICU after catching it. He's finally off the ventilator but it's too soon to tell if any permanent damage was done.

This disease is no joke and people aren't treating it seriously enough. Got a friend who is an ER doc and he's in the hot zone of his hospital wearing PAPR. He's seeing enough people that don't fit the "mold" of being at risk that it concerns him. You don't know if you're going to have a fever and get over it or if you're going to end up in the ICU or get other complications. I like freediving and don't want my lungs fucked up from it.

Even Goldman Sachs says wearing masks can help the economy:

salty nuts

Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
While bashing libs is definitely a BDOutdoors pastime, it would be awesome if people simply complied with common sense health precautions to keep the infection rate down.
No shit. What the hell do you want the guy to do? People are not following orders. Is it that hard folks? I would love to see what a Republican governor would do in the case. I bet the same thing! This political bashing right off the top is old.

salty nuts

Jun 2, 2004
Camarillo
Name
Tim Mohawk
Boat
25 Davis Rockharbor Volvo D4-260 TailChaser
People are not following the rules! I see it daily.

Reactions: woodfish330

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS

Pacific Jigger

You’ll never know unless you go
Sep 16, 2019
United States
Name
Bud
Boat
Formula 233
Inform yourself.
Give weight to hard information, not media opinion.
Numbers tell you nothing without context.
Think rationally, think for yourself.
Take the red pill.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Yes, the Cattle Boats will be shutting down again soon. It's pretty obvious you guys who wanted to "Will" this virus away weren't successful. Now you'll go back to staying onshore and crying that this is a hoax again . . .

I hate when the government has to step in and protect people from themselves.

Last edited:

gettingbentwithbo

Get Bent!
Mar 7, 2009
Riverside
gettingbentwithbo.com
Name
Bo
Boat
14' Starcraft SF SS
There is a political component, but don't fool yourselves. IT IS REAL and the numbers are scary high right now.
The virus is real, very real. But I am afraid that it is also very political.