RodRage

Share the stoke!
  • Sep 7, 2017
    Surf City Ca.
    Name
    Huntington Hillbilly
    Boat
    Chaparral 224 Fisherman
    For the record Im in and appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to do this, Tight lines to you sir!

Reactions: ?? fisherman
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Worked a very long day yesterday and just now checking back in.

Ok, so the list of those interested has been updated on the first post. Fell Marine contacted me yesterday while I was at work, but due to the nature of my work I was not able to speak with them at that time. I will be contacting them back today and see what takes place.

Anyone else interested feel free to jump on in..... I figure the more we have as a potential group buy, the better it should be for securing a possible good group deal.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC

can you put my name on your list. Could use one.

Thanks guys, just added you both to the list.

I'm going to try and finalize the price and hopefully get this going by the end of this month (June 30th)..... maybe even before that if possible.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Quick morning update...

I should have some solid info on this possibly today or at the very latest by Sunday, although I really think I will have more info today.

I did actually speak personally with the head director of sales with Fell Marine yesterday. Super cool guy and we had a good discussion.

I also learned yesterday that Mag Bay Yachts is now including these Fell Marine MOB units on all their boat builds now. Those of you that have been around here on BD long enough, know that our own BDer Barrett and his father are the builders of those badass Mag Bay center consoles, and that everything they put on their boats is top notch quality products.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Ok, below is the deal Fell Marine is willing to put up for us. This is a one time deal guys, so if you are interested please make sure to follow the directions I put below. No pressure here at all, so if you said you are in and have decided for any reason it's not for you then that's all good.... no worries at all. ;)

Do your own research and see if this product is something you might want, as I am just playing the messenger/coordinator here, and trying to help out. :D Being that much of my fishing is solo, I feel this is something I really should have, although it's not just for solo fisherman.

I have spoken to FELL Marine and they have agreed to provide a special offer exclusive to BD members. They will provide a 20% discount off their list price on 1 Basepack (Gen 2 model) plus accessories and extra FOBS, with free shipping and no sales tax for California residents. The MSRP for a Gen 2 basepack is 199.99, so this will put the price shipped to your door at $160.

For those that have interest please message me your email address by July 1. I will forward to FELL Marine, and they will send a unique promocode to you via email that is valid until July 15, 2018. The promocode can be used only at FELLmarine.com

They also provided a link for installation and user manuals, and videos here https://supportcenter.fellmarine.com/hc/en-us “ , please check your specific engine brand wiring information by clicking your engines logo.

Any questions fire em off and I will respond when time allows..... been pretty busy lately!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    And please keep in mind, there is just 7 days to get this info to me to be included in this offer, as I will need all the info by 10am July 1st! The final price being $160 shipped free to your location (In California) and no sales tax!

Payment will NOT be made to me, but rather to Fell Marine once they send you out your promo code by email, and then you have until July 15th to respond.

This was the best and least hassle way to do this without money changing hands all over the place, and the product being delivered straight to you.

So If in, make sure and PM me your email address as I need to put together the list for Fell Marine.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Ok guys, so I've been getting a few questions, and I will post up a really good Q&A thread regarding the Fell Marine MOB+ wireless kill switch in a little bit, but first I wanted to put up 2 Youtube vids showing how to install this unit.

Some of you may wish to have it installed by someone, but those of you who would like to do it yourself it does look very simple!

This first video is short, simple and to the point.
    INSTALLATION 1

This next installation video is a tad longer but shows and goes into a little more detail. The guy in the video is Paul Petani who is the director of sales and the guy who I have been speaking with to help make this happen. The installation shown here is with the GEN 1 unit. The units we will be receiving are the new GEN 2 models.
    INSTALLATION 2

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Here is a great link to many FAQs concerning the product.
    Most of your questions can most likely be answered in the link below, but if you still have a question about something feel free to ask and I will try to contact Paul with the answer if I haven't already seen the answer given somewhere.

FAQs & Answers
    https://www.fellmarine.com/eu/manuals/faqs/

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Making sure this gets out and that anyone interested gets the info back to me by 10am on July 1st.

Post # 62 above has all the info about this group buy offer and how to get the needed promo code.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Just a heads up.....

I am no longer updating the list on the first post since we now have the group purchase in place. All I really need now from anyone interested is for them to PM me their name & email address, which I will end up passing on to FELL Marine on July 1st.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 21, 2010
    hemet/ca/riverside
    Name
    SCOTT
    Boat
    bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
    i would encourage eveybody to think about getting one. these are not expensive, i mean really for the cost of a few scoops of bait its a great layer of added safety. how much is your ife, or the life of a friend or family member worth?

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
    Feb 27, 2003
    Soul Cal
    www.sandiegofishing.com
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Kencraft CC
    Thanks Scott, I agree and think it's a pretty solid product that hopefully none of us will ever have to use in a life threatening situation.

Just to be clear, I have NO affiliation with this company at all, nor am I getting anything out of this. I'm buying myself one and shelling out the exact same as everyone else who takes advantage of this group buy.

I did find it interesting that some guys actually use this to also shut off the engine when it's at the dock and they are up by the ramp or such. Or you could even use the device to shut off your engine when done flushing your engine and you are away from the boat and maybe at the hose bib.

A couple of these videos will really put things to light, as somehow people fall out of boats every year. I remember actually seeing live on the local channel 10 news years back, when a boat in Mission Bay was running in circles near one of the launch ramps. With these wireless kill switches, these situations you will see in the videos below, would be far less dangerous, as the boat engine will shut after immediately after the Fob has went into the water.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0