Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2011
Sun Valley ID / Dana Point CA
Name
Rick
Boat
Parker 2320 SC....Omega lll
I have been using Autotether for the past two years I fish solo a lot..Just clip the FOB to your belt and you are good to go...
One issue I have ( not a complaint...validates the system) is when I get on top of house to glass for paddies/birds the system shuts down.
Not sure how to work around this..
Change the batteries each season...mine lasted two years but don't want a failure ..

Upvote 0

kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
I have been using Autotether for the past two years I fish solo a lot..Just clip the FOB to your belt and you are good to go...
One issue I have ( not a complaint...validates the system) is when I get on top of house to glass for paddies/birds the system shuts down.
Not sure how to work around this..
Change the batteries each season...mine lasted two years but don't want a failure ..

maybe relocate the part that velcros to the dash. i bet its losing its signal and activating the tether (deactivating your motor)

my understanding is when the receiver loses signal it kills the motor. better safe than sorry!

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
An update from Ed on timing?

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
just sent an email to him asking for an update. i don't want to be a pest and drive him away, he's made us a pretty good offer and i don't want to jeopardize it in any way. i'll let you know as soon as i hear anything.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
hello all, sent him an email asking about when he will be ready for us, here it is straight from the source....its worth waiting for.

Scott,

No new news. Still waiting for parts on back order. Probably looking at early October

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Hey Scott

Thanks for all your work putting this together.

Sonny

no trouble, this product just caught my eye, i hate safety products in general but this is one i'd use. so i figured if a guy like me would use it others would also. up until these accidents we all saw posted here i'd never heard of anything like this. just really trying to spread the word on something i'm sure will save a life. (its self serving also, makes my mom and wife happy that its a safety item i'm excited about)

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Any progress? I may have another capt or two in WA interested.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
i sent a email last week with no response, i'll try again.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
got a reply today.... here it is.

Scott,

We have recently gone through a restructuring at Autotether. This will help Autotether better meet the needs of our customers as we move forward.

As it stands right now our circuit boards will be in next week. The other items necessary to build Autotether units are due in 3 to 4 weeks. We will begin building units at that time.

We appreciate your patients as we work through this difficult time.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Ed Betancourt

Manufacturing Operations

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
OK. Good to know we can get these in November.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Can you please count me in on this,thanks.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
sounds like there are issues

yes i think part supply issues. we did warn from the start he was waiting on parts to complete orders. my guess would be a parts problem. hopefully soon!

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
yes i think part supply issues. we did warn from the start he was waiting on parts to complete orders. my guess would be a parts problem. hopefully soon!
But they are saying they are reconstructing it, does that mean there were issues... and it's now revised.. and maybe it needs to retests in case of bugs..etc..

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
But they are saying they are reconstructing it, does that mean there were issues... and it's now revised.. and maybe it needs to retests in case of bugs..etc..

my understanding is a "restructuring" meaning the business itself, maybe a change in suppliers, etc. not reconstructing.

Upvote 0

iPhish

Gone Fishin'
Mar 8, 2013
Southern California
Name
Mike
Boat
Mako 2101 CC
Ummm if there's a change in suppliers for parts. Most definitely QC-quality control tests and re-tests need to be done. I'd really like a clarification on this 'restructuring'. Sounds like we maybe funding into this change and will be the Guinea pig testers too, which is totally not cool.

Such a great product, however now I know why they aren't in big retail stores. They can't even fill a simple small order from a bunch of message board members!

Upvote 0

gecsr1

Plain Jane Rods...Hobby Rod Builder
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
No Boat Now
another note:
I tried to pull up the Autotether Website and it's GONE........

Upvote 0