kindafishy

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
OK, SO WITH THE TRAGIC RECENT EVENTS WITH GUYS GOING OVERBOARD WHILE UNDERWAY THERE WAS A THREAD STARTED ABOUT LANYARD KILL SWITCHES AND THE AUTOTETHER SYSTEM. I NEVER KNEW THIS EXISTED. IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT IT CHECK IT OUT. ITS A WIRELESS AND "LANYARD LESS" KILL SWITCH SYSTEM. I NEVER HAVE USED MY LANYARD BECAUSE OF THE HASSLE AND INCONVENIENCE OF BEING TIED TO THE BOAT. THIS PRODUCT SOLVES THESE PROBLEMS AND ITS SOMETHING I KNOW I WOULD USE.

HERES A COPY OF THE EMAIL I RECIEVED THIS MORNING IN REGARDS TO A GROUP BUY FROM THEM.

Scott,

Pricing as follows:

$195 plus shipping. Min order is 6. If there are more than 15 systems the price will be $185.
Clips available at no additional charge: Yamaha, Honda, OMC 1, OMC 2, and standard Mercury (silver toggle)

Clips available with additional charge of $10.00ea: Suzuki and Mercury side mount (red toggle)

We will drop ship to individual customers.

S&H is $15.00 to the lower 48 states and Hawaii. $25.00 to Alaska and Canada.

Yes the Autotether does work with the Mercruiser style switch shown below.

Ed Betancourt

Manufacturing Operations

Autotether, LLC

339 Main St.

East Hartford, CT 06118

www.autotether.com

ANYONE INTERESTED IN TAKING PART IN THIS GROUP BUY PLEASE POST IT HERE.

I AM IN FOR ONE......

Reactions: basilone
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Off to work, but count me in!!

I fish Solo often so I need this!!

C'mon guys, lets go on this! I know a bunch of you fish Solo, and even if you don't, this is a very important piece of equipment.

There have been 2 very recent threads on BD (within the span of less than two weeks)...... that's right TWO of guys getting tossed from their boats..... both due to steering failure! And in both these cases, there are two people still missing and presumed have died.

Let's get this thing rolling and get up to at least 15 units sold here on BD. I'm a cheap poor bastard, but I can't bare the thought of my daughters going through anymore hardship than they have. I need to stick around for a while if possible.

Gotta go...... I'm in!!!

The unknown fisherman:p:

Reactions: EJ Swanny
Upvote 0

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
I'd be in.

Please find out what type aftermarket kill switches they are compatible with.

Thanks.

If it is an aftermarket switch I am sure you can make it work with some mod. This basically pops the lanyard off if the transmitter exceeds a certain distance from the receiver/actuator.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
TTT

Upvote 0

jimikinz

Jul 10, 2003
Meeker, CO
Name
Jim
Boat
None
I'm in. I was getting so frustrated last week trying to set jigs and move around solo in sloppy weather with that red cord. This is pretty slick.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
spread the word guys, i'd like to hit at least 15 so we can all get the reduced price.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
yep. I'd get one....

Upvote 0

catchabigone

Fair is fair. Donate Life. Be an organ donor
Dec 14, 2006
shelter cove
Name
dave
Boat
2008 Trophy 2152, Seafoam
count me in. you can get more activator clips for each passenger I believe. If so I will take two extra for passengers.

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
7MHqtUUHPEVvvBjOyyaRz9zt2BW_4T-qzyjZ0YvHw1pMdPp2qbLFao9J9wM7t1pqizOd8jb8Rps6h9jCBerqRF7eXTeaf1a2g3mkmpX85ZWxgAdEi5BiKT2NtLBiFj_C1Q2M1k9BzYV9iO7sDpSoaReP1UKthcV13Bg70tXo5tw=s0-d-e1-ft

this is the pic i sent him in regards to mine, a mercruiser... looks just like mine but mine is part of the throttle assembly, this one is a stand alone switch.heres what he said about the clips.....

Clips available at no additional charge: Yamaha, Honda, OMC 1, OMC 2, and standard Mercury (silver toggle)

Clips available with additional charge of $10.00ea: Suzuki and Mercury side mount (red toggle)

i will inquire about additional sensor things.... FOB's

heres a link to their site, i would direct any technical questions to them, i don't mind asking, but i'd hate to misunderstand and lead anyone down the wrong path.

http://www.autotether.com/our-products/autotether-marine/

Upvote 0

Raimond

Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine...
Mar 9, 2014
SoCal
Name
Ray
Boat
23' IMP Hardtop - "4 Reel"
Thanks for doing this KOF. I haven't looked into this at all, does anyone know if I need two as I have dual I/O's on the IMP?

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
When do you plan to place the order?

he's out of stock currently, waiting for some components to get more finished, we have time. love my ice machine BTW

Thanks for doing this KOF. I haven't looked into this at all, does anyone know if I need two as I have dual I/O's on the IMP?

do you have a kill switch lanyard now? i would guess only one cause having 2 lanyards would be a major PITA .

Please find out what type aftermarket kill switches they are compatible with.

Thanks.

he says yamaha, honda, omc1, omc2, and mercruiser. suzuki, and mercury. mine looks like this...
7MHqtUUHPEVvvBjOyyaRz9zt2BW_4T-qzyjZ0YvHw1pMdPp2qbLFao9J9wM7t1pqizOd8jb8Rps6h9jCBerqRF7eXTeaf1a2g3mkmpX85ZWxgAdEi5BiKT2NtLBiFj_C1Q2M1k9BzYV9iO7sDpSoaReP1UKthcV13Bg70tXo5tw=s0-d-e1-ft

should be a simple wiring job if your not already equipped with a kill switch.

Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
Ill post this here too, this guy DIED and possibly could have been saved by an autotether

http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/698363-dads-boating-accident.html

Dad's boat was found on Lake Mead Monday (10 August) afternoon. He wasn't in it. Boat was found, idling, but throttle position near 80+%. Tells me he was running up on step, power head still working, but lower unit is apparently broken.

I met the National Park Service officer as the boat was towed back to the marina. I backed his trailer into the water and we hand loaded the boat. Pulled it out and went to connect the transom saver between the lower unit and trailer. Motor was laid over. Turned the wheel but the motor didn't move. Trimmed the motor down, turned the wheel. Still no movement. Took me a minute (it was about 0130 Tuesday). Walked to the motor and noticed the steering linkage was disconnected. Missing nuts on both sides. Baystar steering with Mercury 150L.

NPS Officers did their complete inspection of the vessel, photographing lots of stuff. We got to the chartplotter and dad had the auto track on. Found his last track. He ran a pretty continuous line through the middle of the lake, heading SE, then we saw a severe U turn. Boat travelled sw about a mile and made another severe U turn. Boat then travelled nne, to where it was found.

I figure dad was doing 50+ mph (2013 18' bass boat with a merc 150, installed in April 2015), steering arms came loose from motor, motor probably went full port or starboard. Obviously this would throw dad out of the boat. Trolling motor was locked on the bow still. There is no chance dad would have or could have driven the boat from the first U turn to the 2nd U turn. He would have gotten on the trolling motor. All 3 life jackets still in the boat, ignition tether looped around the throttle. We still don't have his body, but no doubt he was killed upon impact with the water.

Bodies sink in 20-24 hours. Average resurface time is 10-11 days. We have a long wait ahead still. Success rate for recovering bodies is "quite low".

SAR has been full-force. NPS, air national guard, AZ safety crews, and Nevada dept of Wildlife put forth boats, trucks, planes, helos, and boots on the ground. Searched the shore from air, boat, and land. Nada. Open water grid searches failed. Not hopeful of those, based on simple chemistry of bodies sinking 20-24 hours. Underwater UAV with 360° sonar ran Sunday and back tomorrow. .

Many of you may remember my cousin drowning last year at Flaming Gorge, not wearing his PFD. DAD OBVIOUSLY DIDNT LEARN FROM THAT. A PFD wouldn't have saved him, but we'd have his body. Ignition tether wouldn't have saved him, but the boat would have been close to him, and the folks who found the boat probably would have seen dad's body.

So if you talk about not wearing a PFD while running, I hope you don't have anyone who loves you, because your stubbornness may ruin their lives. Knowing dad's speed and seeing the sharp U turn, I'm confident there is no hope. But, I'd rather not have our family and friends suffer through the waiting and hope that we will recover his body.

- Wear your damn PFD.
- As the capt of an open boat (not a pilot house or cabin), connect the ign tether. If you get thrown, chances are your entire crew will too. Please respect everyone's family and make it likely that the boat will be near by, to speed up rescue or recovery of your crew.

If I keep my Cat, I'll be buying an auto tether. http://www.autotether.com

Upvote 0

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
Upvote 0