Fucking Stan
Nov 19, 2003
Anaheim
bdoutdoors.com
Name
chuck
Boat
No
Got this in an email today. Anybody have an account that could post their story?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Gordo Banks Under Attack By Outsiders

• Greedy long Range boat from San Diego

A long range sport boat out of San Diego anchored off both the inner Gordo Banks and outer Gordo Banks for three days on November 30th and December 1st and 2nd. With a bait tank holding over 3000 bait fish and 25 anglers on board, they were able to catch a boat load of fish. A full report can be viewed on the Intrepid's web site, although the captain never mentions the Gordo Banks in his report, but does say they caught over 50 yellow fin tuna.
Local fishermen feel their turf was poached and over fished by the outsiders, and they were offended by and impacted by the over-harvest of tuna and other species that the local panga operators depend on for their living.
For the full story and a picture of the offending boat with 25 anglers fishing off it, pick up the latest Gringo Gazette due out last Monday, or log into your Gringo Gazette account online and read it on the digital version.

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Funny, they don't mention how happy the pangeros were to receive all the sardines they wanted free of charge.

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Nobody's happy when a long range boat shows up off Cabo, or PV, or whatever else small area.

It is tough fishing, and sometimes you have to do things you don't really want to do.

Sometimes I have to hire pieceworkers. I don't like to, as I feel the quality goes downhill.

It is what it is, whatever :D

Kent Vansooy

Nov 8, 2007
Oceanside
Name
Kent
Boat
none
and it wasn't 25 anglers, nor was the boat anchored on the inner banks for three days, so definitely not the most accurate reporting job in the world.

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
I'm calling BS on that bait count.....who counted them? :D

Funny, they don't mention how happy the pangeros were to receive all the sardines they wanted free of charge.

NO GOOD DEED goes unpunished. :)

spike

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat
any chance I get
It's happened before, it will happen again, and no poaching took place.

That being said..... how about all the "dive permits" to Socorro & Benidicto from Cabo mega yachts. Why do they take all that fishing equipment with them, and bring back so much fish just with dive permits? Infact it can be watched on Inside Sportfishing, (looking good brother), "dive permit" trips mangling YFT on rod & reel.
A LR boat that fishes the Gordo, or Cleofis, or Golden Gate, is doing nothing wrong. I'm sure that said LR vessel had their paperwork and permits in much better shape than some boat down their. The bottom line is this....... Mexico is corrupt, I'm sure they'll try and milk some coin out of this....... again. Mexico is trying to boost tourism, and it dosen't work to well when "gringos" on a panga are watching US citizens lay waste with live bait, comfortable and dry aboard a LR boat.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

wahoodad

Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Desperate times call for desperate measures. I remember having to resort to doing this on the Royal Polaris, not once, but twice, on trips about the same time of year. That December Izorline long trip, we were at the islands and there was a box fish bloom, and those tuna weren't eating at all.

So, Frank throws the Hail Mary pass, off to the Cabo banks, and we caught some fish.

Sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do.

It is never in our minds at the start of a trip: "Hey, let's go fish the Cabo banks!"

thefishkiller

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 2, 2005
San Jose Del Cabo
Name
Jeremy
Boat
Amelia Marie/MistressII
Countless times i have been soaking bait at the Gordo banks, just wishing i had some San Diego Sardines to bring home the bacon.