Great yellowtail and ling action onboard Dominator 1.5 day

Reel_Time

Kusler Yachts
Jun 4, 2014
Name
Zach Zorn
Boat
Lots of Boats
Got a call from Frankie, the Dominator owner, last week telling me to come join them on their first trip of 2017. We left the dock at 7pm on Friday and had a incredible ride down. Weather was phenomenal all weekend, doesn't get much better as you can see in the photos. Arrived before sunrise to start looking around. It took us some time to get back into the swing of things, but once everyone was dialed in we were able to put 72 yellowtail on board for 20 anglers. I was fishing a Cousin's 95 mag and trinidad 40 packed with 60lb, the fish didnt stand a chance. Blue and white Salas 7x heavy seemed to work best. Majority of my fish came 20 cranks off the bottom. I was fortunate enough to get my 5 fish limit, so I hook and handed one to a younger kid and then hopped on the camera to take some photos for the guys. There was also excellent red and ling fishing. Some 10-15lb lings were caught using sardines and jigs.

The Dominator is a definite go for this weekend, so make sure you get on! I'll be back out the following weekend for more action!

Zach

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2236.JPG

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2301.JPG

IMG_5428.JPG

Dudley613

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 20, 2015
Inyotuckee CA
Name
Chris
Boat
21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
Looks like a great trip, that first pic is really cool.

Reactions: Reel_Time

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
You guys all suck. Here's a shot from our nearshore buoy... (western WA)

IMG_1151.PNG

Nov 1, 2004
Yorba Linda
Name
Gary Nordyke
Boat
48 Pacemaker Gunslinger
Thanks for the post Zach. I was on that trip the weather was the best. Dominator is a good boat with a good crew.

P

Paddyman1

Tough looking seas...glad you guys made it back ok! o_O

Congrats on a great trip!

Lil Hooker

Jul 17, 2005
San Diego
Name
BButcher
Boat
1998 15' Cobia center console; 2000 Luhrs 340 Convertible
Frank and the Dominator are the best. Great trip and nice grade of YT!

Reel_Time

Kusler Yachts
Jun 4, 2014
Name
Zach Zorn
Boat
Lots of Boats
Thank you all for the kind words. I was planning on going next weekend but the weather is look kinda sketchy right now!

ysmoose

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 17, 2013
Brea
Name
grant
Boat
hobie
How do you like the cousins 95j mag. I just picked one up. Were you using for yoyo as well?

Reel_Time

Kusler Yachts
Jun 4, 2014
Name
Zach Zorn
Boat
Lots of Boats
How do you like the cousins 95j mag. I just picked one up. Were you using for yoyo as well?
I love the rod, it has an incredible amount of power. It is pretty beefy so takes some power to throw the jig, but know if you hook a yellowtail or cow bluefin you got the power to get the fish. And yes I was using it to yoyo, just brought 1 setup that trip so made it work for both surface and yoyo applications.

Reactions: ysmoose

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Looked like a good time and nice sized yellows on the iron = fun!