longboard85

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 14, 2011
    La mesa ca
    Name
    cody
    Boat
    17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
    Launched at 530 this morning solo and headed out to try and find some yellows and maybe a tuna. Bait was amazing and the sea conditions were awsome which was a nice change.
    20210506_102205.jpg
    I made my way towards the corner and found a nice kelp just shy that had some solid yellows. These fish were very finicky and line shy but once I started slow trolling around the kelp it was game on. These fish would only bite tight to the kelp, and I struggled to keep these fish out of the kelp with the light line. But I managed to go 5 for 11 on nicer fish. All but 2 bites came on the slow troll and the wouldn't touch anything over 20lb and most bites came on 15lb with size 1 hooks.
    20210506_122654.jpg
    20210506_090012.jpg
    20210506_085612.jpg

After I filled up on yellows I headed towards the 43 to try and find a bluefin but never saw any sign. Good luck out there and stay safe!

John S.

Aug 4, 2008
    Valley Center, CA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    1996 Seaswirl 1850 W/A
    Launched at 530 this morning solo and headed out to try and find some yellows and maybe a tuna. Bait was amazing and the sea conditions were awsome which was a nice change.View attachment 1277586I made my way towards the corner and found a nice kelp just shy that had some solid yellows. These fish were very finicky and line shy but once I started slow trolling around the kelp it was game on. These fish would only bite tight to the kelp, and I struggled to keep these fish out of the kelp with the light line. But I managed to go 5 for 11 on nicer fish. All but 2 bites came on the slow troll and the wouldn't touch anything over 20lb and most bites came on 15lb with size 1 hooks.View attachment 1277587View attachment 1277588View attachment 1277589

After I filled up on yellows I headed towards the 43 to try and find a bluefin but never saw any sign. Good luck out there and stay safe!
    You had not posted in a while. I was going to pm you to see if you were still fishing. Nice report.

John

Reactions: longboard85
    Upvote 0

JoshInSD

Dec 22, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Josh
    Boat
    Mackerel Magnet (Sailfish 21' CC)
    Cody, Time to go soon!

Launched at 530 this morning solo and headed out to try and find some yellows and maybe a tuna. Bait was amazing and the sea conditions were awsome which was a nice change.View attachment 1277586I made my way towards the corner and found a nice kelp just shy that had some solid yellows. These fish were very finicky and line shy but once I started slow trolling around the kelp it was game on. These fish would only bite tight to the kelp, and I struggled to keep these fish out of the kelp with the light line. But I managed to go 5 for 11 on nicer fish. All but 2 bites came on the slow troll and the wouldn't touch anything over 20lb and most bites came on 15lb with size 1 hooks.View attachment 1277587View attachment 1277588View attachment 1277589

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Same pose, different day!

Cody, you are a fishin' machine, my man. Got it dialed in.

Great tip on slow trolling paddies when they're not eating flylined baits. I've got several yellows and a dorado that way!

Upvote 0
    Jun 10, 2004
    Jamul
    Name
    used to fish
    Boat
    17 Aquasport
    Yellows on the bass rod, a seventeen foot skiff and solo, what could be better? Nice work as always.
    I usually fish solo and recently picked up a 17' skiff but I still dont think your going to see as many pictures of me with a pile of yellows on it as often......

Upvote 0

Spoons

USCG Master
    Oct 21, 2004
    San Diego/SF Bay
    Name
    Capt. Erik
    Boat
    21' Center Console
    Thanks for sharing Cody. I will make it a point to share my numbers this season and hope the rest of the gang does the same. Way to kick off the offshore season!

By the way, those lake like conditions are insane!

Upvote 0

Latest posts