Bigdog 1961

Desert Sportfisherman
Aug 1, 2015
Cave Creek AZ
Name
David Piazza
Boat
Been there done that
Left Thursday night the captain Adam and the great New LoAnn crew. Being a overnight there was limited options but everyone was happy fishing the bluefin grounds at about 50 miles. Got to the grounds at about 3:30 and started fishing deep with flat falls and sinker rigs, moved a couple of times and one flat fall fish came at the gray. After that we started moving looking for the bluefin schools and it wasn’t long and we found them. Crew put up the kite with frozen flying fish and within 10-15 minutes we were hooked with first bluefin, another flying fish was rigged and my number was called, again in 10-15 minutes I was on and end up with a 130lb bluefin. Captain Adam on my shoulder making sure I made no mistakes and with two gaffs I had my first triple digit fish. Moved multiple times during the day with the crew finding the schools with multiple hookups on the kite. A small yellowtail came on a big kelp patty stop and I missed one being rusty and impatient. A lone yellowfin came on a stop while kiting for bluefin. Two bait fish were caught by a single fisherman, both were impressive catches. one was about 60-70lb long soak flylined on a Trinidad and a easy 100+ on a sinker rig with a Mac. I have fished the New LoAnn many times and whether I caught fish or not I have never been been disappointed whether it is Marcus or Adam they both fish hard. This is a first class operation and I hate to advertise this because it is sometimes impossible to get a spot but they deserve the accolades. Food was great and deck crew are friendly, work hard to keep your catch fresh, and they never stop working to help you catch fish.
524EB843-3691-4476-B98C-59D7780CE165.jpeg

FishinMcNuggets

Fishin fo' Nutrition!
Oct 25, 2010
Hermosa Beach, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Avon 2.85 "C-¢"
Great fish, great report!

99Phishing

Gettin' Jiggy with it all night long
Jun 9, 2019
La Mirada
Name
Marcus
Boat
TBD
Hey bigdog!

I was on the trip as well. I was the one with the chest mounted GoPro and we spoke briefly about USD. I may have gotten footage of you fighting/landing that fish.

I should be able to edit the video in a few days, but man what a trip! Despite almost two decades of sport boat trips, it was my first aboard the NLA and it has absolutely jumped to the top of my list as at least a top 3 boat for me, if not top 2.

It was a pleasure fishing with you. Happy to see you were one of the lucky ones aboard.

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Congrats on a beautiful fish! Great informative writing !! Five years ago when the cows moved in. I have a boat capable of getting to them. But got spooled several times. Or could not get bit. I saw all his big fish. I called Marcus. Went mid week and for a good sized tip he Let me learn the tricks. From kite to balloon to sinker rigging and flyers. I think guys could save a lot of time and money learning from the best.

Bigdog 1961

Desert Sportfisherman
Aug 1, 2015
Cave Creek AZ
Name
David Piazza
Boat
Been there done that
Hey bigdog!

I was on the trip as well. I was the one with the chest mounted GoPro and we spoke briefly about USD. I may have gotten footage of you fighting/landing that fish.

I should be able to edit the video in a few days, but man what a trip! Despite almost two decades of sport boat trips, it was my first aboard the NLA and it has absolutely jumped to the top of my list as at least a top 3 boat for me, if not top 2.

It was a pleasure fishing with you. Happy to see you were one of the lucky ones aboard.
Not sure I want to see myself. It was great fishing with you also. The one thing I should have mentioned was the great people and good fishermen that were on the boat. I have met some the best people fishing on SD boats. Take care.

Reactions: Tailtaker

99Phishing

Gettin' Jiggy with it all night long
Jun 9, 2019
La Mirada
Name
Marcus
Boat
TBD
Of course will respect your wishes, thanks for letting me know.

Until next time,
Marcus

vipertom1970

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
so how many BF caught and how many fisherman on the boat ?

2Rotten

Live in Oregon/Love to Fish San Diego!
Jan 10, 2010
Junction City OR
Name
Rod Lathrop
Boat
24' North River Seahawk Hardtop "Sun Dog"
Yep love the New Lo-An chartered the whole boat in November, just me and 19 friends! Great crew, great captains, great times!

MannyOjai

May 28, 2019
Oakview
Name
Manny Molina
Boat
SandWish
The fish on the kite , boat rod? Or do you need to bring your own set up ? My first albacore trip in 1994 was on the New Lo Ann. What a sweet boat ride that is. Glad you had a fun trip.

Bigdog 1961

Desert Sportfisherman
Aug 1, 2015
Cave Creek AZ
Name
David Piazza
Boat
Been there done that
Boat rod. You will want to use their rod. This is very special fishing and they have it set up to assure the highest level of success.

Reactions: 99Phishing

vipertom1970

Oct 26, 2015
Inland Empire
Name
tom
Boat
2018 Parker 2320 SL
Nice, did they fish south or in US waters ?