queenfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 21, 2003
OB
Name
mark
Boat
19 Boston Whaler Nantucket
Bought a couple of licenses today down at CONAPESCA in San Diego and found out two new things that I want to share:
1) used to be you had to come down there with a money order made out to them for the exact amount.

Now, they will take cash and give you change. Still no checks or credit cards, but still a lot easier to do.

2) The now offer a ONE DAY license.

I used to tell friends that don't fish often, "sorry, unless you get a Mex. Lic. I can't take you down to the Islands" etc.
Now, for $12.50 they can go fish Mex for the day.

This is great news for me. Thought I'd pass it along.

Mark

I am trying to attach a copy of their new form. View attachment CONAPESCA.pdf

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Yup buy them on line and use your credit card.. and you can save the file and print the license more than once if you loose it or want a copy or two....

Dodgersone

Apr 22, 2010
Ontario,Ca
Name
Anthony
Boat
Hobie Sport Kayak
Bought a couple of licenses today down at CONAPESCA in San Diego and found out two new things that I want to share:
1) used to be you had to come down there with a money order made out to them for the exact amount.

Now, they will take cash and give you change. Still no checks or credit cards, but still a lot easier to do.

2) The now offer a ONE DAY license.

I used to tell friends that don't fish often, "sorry, unless you get a Mex. Lic. I can't take you down to the Islands" etc.
Now, for $12.50 they can go fish Mex for the day.

This is great news for me. Thought I'd pass it along.

Mark

I am trying to attach a copy of their new form. View attachment 217513

I just sent for 5 licenses on 7-26-10 and recieved them yesterday (8-4-10). It's easy, just fill out the form with everybodys name,city,state,citizenship, and mark if you need the license for a day,week,month,year or excursion license. Send it in a certified envelope and wait for them to sent the license to you.

Before we use to stop in Ensenada to get the license and spend around 30 minutes to an hour. This is much better. Now we can go eat at Puerto Nuevo then head straight to San Quintin.

Here is the link to Conapesca web site

CONAPESCA SAN DIEGO - Sportfishing regulations, Conapesca Mexico San Diego Office

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
I usually just buy mine in the marina the first day of fishing. Quick, easy and with cash. But thanks for the links, may buy mine on line this year.

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Becareful buying them on line ..if you get an error during the transaction.. you don't get your license but they do charge your credit card..
my last trip to fishing in mexican waters the nite before the trip..I went on line and tried like 15 times to get the stupid website to work.. guess what...................... I GOT NO LICENSE>>>BUT GOT CHARGED 15 TIMES>>> To the tune of almost 700.00 us dollars.
working with the credit card company now trying to get it removed....

Be very careful on line......

Last edited:

CapnMikey1

See the World!
Dec 15, 2010
Various Locales/Various States/Mostly US
s286.photobucket.com
Name
Mike
Boat
none
I got mine online a couple days ago.

I did get an error when I tried to start the license period on a weekend so I switched to a week day and it worked fine.

Also when I got the error I hadn't entered my credit card yet so I didn't get charged more than once.

The whole process worked fairly well for me and I recommend it.

worldfish

Jun 3, 2006
US and Baja
Name
Bob
Boat
Several
February 14th 2011 - I was charged $40.26 for a full year permit using the online website, but the link to "my permit" did not work after payment.

UPDATE: I checked the website again on the 15th and 16th thinking it just might take some time to process and no joy. However, I checked again today (the 17th) and the "See Permit" link works. I now have a printed permit. I did send a message to Best Baja Fishing, about the "See Permit" link not working, using their contact form. Either the contact message worked, or it just takes some time to process the Permit under certain conditions. It would help a lot if they provided some information to this effect (if it actually is normal to take several days for the link to become active) and a contact link for problems on the web page where you actually apply and pay for the license. You might want to buy your license at a walk-in location if you cannot wait a few days to get your permit.

Last edited:

Rodsnapper

Apr 19, 2003
San Diego, Ca
Visit site
Name
John
Boat
worked Tracer, Relentless, and the Fortune eons ago.
If you buy them at the "landings", remember that they bought have some before the price went down. For a while, the price might remain the same until they sell the permits they bought at the old price. It's just a few dollars so don't get pissed. Why should they eat the money just because the Mexicans decided to lower the price without warning?

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
If you absolutely gotta have that license because your fishing the next day just buy it at a tackle shop or landing,they take your money now and you have a license now,no BS with trying to buy online.