TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
Royal Polaris, Ocean Odyssey, Yours with an invite
Fished the PRODUCER on an overnight Friday. ride was good, crew was very good, fishing was awesome for a short trip.
Lots of rat yellows, football yellowfin, a few nice Dodo's and one fat jackpot albie.(45+ lbs)

for an open charter, it was a good experience. A few newbies and plenty of experienced fisherman made for a great learning/fishing experience. Michelle in the galley can sure whip up some good grub.

Not sure of the spot we fished, but it was a barn door patty that was holding all day. We got poached by what seemed like every private boat out there, but it was all good.

Attachments

stp

Fish Hooker
Oct 12, 2003
San Diego
Name
Shawn
Boat
Best first mate on your boat
Love how you say "poached" because we were one of "those" boats out there who picked up a BFT on "your" paddy and then we trolled outside for several more YFT.

Sorry if we ruined your day but we stayed far away, didn't jack anyone up when we came in or out, and we got in line just like all the other boats did.

We've been out fishing with nobody around and had a sportie show up and "poach" our paddy also.

We don't care as long as it is done nicely. We were taught to share when we were young and we live by that motto.

Thanks for the BFT.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
GOOD to see Producer off the dock almost non=stop again, great guy and boat!
Glad you had a great trip with them and a solid crew!

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
Maybe poached was the wrong word. we had a great time, then the spot was packed.
No ruined days. the reality is that we got there, and then a bunch of other boats showed up.
I love fishing, no matter what. One boat or ten, It don't matter. (imho)
it was a great day on the water and i hope everyone who was out there caught fish and had a great time.

stp

Fish Hooker
Oct 12, 2003
San Diego
Name
Shawn
Boat
You may have been the first to see the paddy and to fish it, but you can't really hide a vessel that large sitting in one spot for a long time. It was inevitable that you would have friends fishing with you. I saw three or four boats that might have made that paddy their entire day while we worked outside of it. I think you guys didn't leave it all day until it was time to go back home, right?

ISLAND BOUND

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 18, 2006
Orange County
Name
Mike
Boat
26 striper White Knuckles
Fished this boat Saturday, good all around overnight boat. We hit that same paddy in the early am and I pulled 4 nice dorado off it and had a few yft a little later. Only downside to the trip was shutting down at noon because we were 75 miles down, would I fish this boat again? Yes, but not with 30 anglers. Also lots of rental rodders that caught nothing.

OIF VET

May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
You may have been the first to see the paddy and to fish it, but you can't really hide a vessel that large sitting in one spot for a long time. It was inevitable that you would have friends fishing with you. I saw three or four boats that might have made that paddy their entire day while we worked outside of it. I think you guys didn't leave it all day until it was time to go back home, right?
Why are you trying to tear this person up so much? They are just saying that they had a great time. Take a chill pill and relax.

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
I would venture to guess that the word "pooched" was cause for reaction. Valid point, by STP. There were several boats on that patty,and, it was a well managed situation for everyone out there. In my humble opinion. yada yada yada
Yep, I sure hated pulling out of there, it would have been nice to fish till dark, but I guess that is why the day & half trips are so sweet.

I want to try to hit it again before the storm in Cabo sends it's swells up here.

jig-guy

Apr 7, 2008
Hesperia Ca USA
Name
Bill
Boat
None
That's great you had a good time and got bit. Michelle did a great job for us 9/19. She and the deckies worked thier bun's off for us customers. The rough water was not fun but it ended up a fun trip. :cheers: Producer & crew!

Fished the PRODUCER on an overnight Friday. ride was good, crew was very good, fishing was awesome for a short trip.
Lots of rat yellows, football yellowfin, a few nice Dodo's and one fat jackpot albie.(45+ lbs)

for an open charter, it was a good experience. A few newbies and plenty of experienced fisherman made for a great learning/fishing experience. Michelle in the galley can sure whip up some good grub.

Not sure of the spot we fished, but it was a barn door patty that was holding all day. We got poached by what seemed like every private boat out there, but it was all good.

stp

Fish Hooker
Oct 12, 2003
San Diego
Name
Shawn
Boat
Wasn't tearing him up at all, you are the one all worked up reading the posts. He and I are cool.....
Why are you trying to tear this person up so much? They are just saying that they had a great time. Take a chill pill and relax.

Swarthy Dago

Coredor de las olas
Aug 20, 2008
USA
Name
My name is Nobody
Boat
n/a

I mentioned there are some big albies out there last week ! I was on the Old Glory, we came home today Sunday morning instead of tomorrow, we went through a whole load of bait Saturday, put over 100 fish on board with 25 of us, called it quits, we could have came back in and load up with bait and go back out but we were happy, and Capt. Joe gave everyone a rainck or a refund for the latter half of the trip that we did not use. Great guy ! Lots of the same as you, most of our fish came off of one stinkin paddy, lots of fish, even a few blue fin, no albacore.

MoMo Fish

Jun 27, 2010
Ventura County
Name
Brooklyn!
x2. I would not been as nice as original poster in my response. Jmo

Fished this boat Saturday, good all around overnight boat. We hit that same paddy in the early am and I pulled 4 nice dorado off it and had a few yft a little later. Only downside to the trip was shutting down at noon because we were 75 miles down, would I fish this boat again? Yes, but not with 30 anglers. Also lots of rental rodders that caught nothing.

TrixKelly

Rancho relaxo Tuna killa
Jul 31, 2007
Vista, CA
Name
CK
Boat
The written/typed word always leaves a lot open for interperation....

stp

Fish Hooker
Oct 12, 2003
San Diego
Name
Shawn
Boat
That is why these posts are so fun. Stir the pot, see what happens, and laugh at the people who really get fired up online....whatever.

jughead

Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
Just got back Monday night from the producer. If your gonna go out on a cattle boat I would recommend this one. They gave the new guys tips on 'not how to screw up' before the trip started. FIRST CLASS CREW AND CAPTAIN. we caught over 150 fish for thirty anglers.