Boat
Koa Honu 28 Skipjack
Here you go, I hope this helps you out

how fast do you go?
as slow as you can, I troll around 2 knots, sometimes even slower

Line?
Main line is either 50 or 80, with 200 pound wire,

Bait?
Live mackerel or sardines, both work fine.

Hook?
6/0-8/0

Sinker /Depth?
I usually troll two lines, one on the surface and another with about 3-4 oz, I like to use sliding sinkers.

Area?
anywhere I can find large schools of bait, sometime you can see the sharks jumping or crashing on the schools of bait.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Thanks, very helpfull!

Upvote 0

Aggro

Keepin my pimp hand strong!
  • Mar 4, 2005
    Clairemont
    Name
    AGGRO
    Boat
    skiff
    Great shot with the kid Dan.

Upvote 0

mandoman68

Big Loco
    Mar 3, 2008
    Aztlan
    Name
    Mandoman
    Boat
    Kathleen
    Being a kid from East Los, we didnt have a guy like Dan to help out and encourage the kids to fish rather than be gangsters. Wish we did. I must admit the diapers are really funny. Dans a bighearted guy with a good sense of humor. Funny is fun but lets ALL play nice.

Upvote 0

teal

Fisherman
    Apr 30, 2006
    MB
    Name
    TEAL
    Boat
    BLACK JACK, MISTRESS
    Dan
    i was not coming out against your foundation, and can see how my comment was missinterpreted. you do a lot of good for the kids and thousands of people are grateful to you for that on many levels. i am sorry for this.
    BUT... maybe posting a pic of such a small fish, without any explanation wasnt the best idea, especially from a high profile angler who people look to for guidance and some pehaps even a role-model.
    AND...I got my shirt at the FHDM show. my 2 boys & i were stuck behind a bottleneck walking down the isle, looked over, and saw you looking lonely. The groms and i stopped by, shook hands, and ended up with a couple of shirts and autographed post cards. it was a kool little experience for us as we find your show entertaining at the least. it also preceeded a talk we had on the drive home of how lucky they(we) are to live on the coast and spend as much time as we do on the water in comparrison to others who have never even seen a wild sea lion, let alone the kelp explode with bait and bass, or a large thresher jump 15 feet off the transome.
    I can't believe i am saying this but we do need more fisherpeople in this world, to support the industry and protect our resource.
    We also need to set a better example for them than our fathers and grandfathers did in the days of no size or bag-limit excess.
    SO...good on ya, keep taking the kids fishing, just keep the baby pictures in your wallet.

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
    Sep 11, 2004
    Long Beach
    www.sport-fishing.com
    Name
    Dan Hernandez
    Boat
    Mi Sueno
    Dan
    i was not coming out against your foundation, and can see how my comment was missinterpreted. you do a lot of good for the kids and thousands of people are grateful to you for that on many levels. i am sorry for this.
    BUT... maybe posting a pic of such a small fish, without any explanation wasnt the best idea, especially from a high profile angler who people look to for guidance and some pehaps even a role-model.
    AND...I got my shirt at the FHDM show. my 2 boys & i were stuck behind a bottleneck walking down the isle, looked over, and saw you looking lonely. The groms and i stopped by, shook hands, and ended up with a couple of shirts and autographed post cards. it was a kool little experience for us as we find your show entertaining at the least. it also preceeded a talk we had on the drive home of how lucky they(we) are to live on the coast and spend as much time as we do on the water in comparrison to others who have never even seen a wild sea lion, let alone the kelp explode with bait and bass, or a large thresher jump 15 feet off the transome.
    I can't believe i am saying this but we do need more fisherpeople in this world, to support the industry and protect our resource.
    We also need to set a better example for them than our fathers and grandfathers did in the days of no size or bag-limit excess.
    SO...good on ya, keep taking the kids fishing, just keep the baby pictures in your wallet.

yea that's good advice about the pictures and thank you for your kind words....

Upvote 0

neversink2

Here fishy fishy fishy...
    Oct 9, 2004
    HUNTINGTON BEACH
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    31' Cabo Express
    Dan

Well said Teal - I posted a baby shark pic a few years ago when someone else on board wanted to keep his fish. These days I would just keep that to myself.

Upvote 0

Reuben

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Apr 23, 2008
    Socal
    Name
    Reuben
    Boat
    Boat
    Great charters Dan! Thanks for all your hard work you do for our community.

Yes, we do need more fisherman in the world. The larger society gets, the lower the percentage of fisherman in that society. This equates to crap like the MLPA's being voted in by voters who percentage wise could give a rats azzz about fishing or understand what it means from a recreational standpoint to families. Dan your hard work goes a long way to creating and maintaining our lifestyle. Thanks

Upvote 0

Tvdan

Captain
    Sep 11, 2004
    Long Beach
    www.sport-fishing.com
    Name
    Dan Hernandez
    Boat
    Mi Sueno
    thank you all for your kind words and support, just so that you all know, when we have local trips I post updates from my phone onto my face book fan page, I'd post the here too, but It's hard to upload pictures when i'm out on the water.
    Thanks again!

Upvote 0