longboard85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Launched at 6 this morning with my uncle and picked up a scoop of the best bait ive had all year! Weather was crisp and cool with i slight offshore breeze.
20201028_173954.jpg

We headed south to the temp break and started searching. Around 8 we found a kelp at 7 over 26 that had a bunch of rat yellows and small dorado. We played catch and release for a bit then headed south east for nada. There was a lot of dead empty water down towards the upper so we decided to go back to the original kelp.

We ended up finding an amazing kelp at 11 over 28 that was absolutely loaded with 100s of quality dorado. We got our limits quick and played catch and release for awhile. I called out the numbers and waited for a few boats to show up to take the kelp from us. I continued chumming and eventually the tuna started mixing in with the dorado. We ended up getting limits of solid tuna and prob another 30 dorado released. The dorado were vicious and you had to pull your bait away from charging dorado to get the yellowfin to bite. These were definitely the best quality I've had this year.
20201028_173545.jpg
20201028_173830.jpg
20201028_173412.jpg
20201028_173653.jpg

We waved in a sporty and a few other boats and headed back in smooth seas and on the trailer by 2. A truly amazing day with great weather and biting fish! The water temp ranged from 68 to 69.5 in this zone and was cooler everywhere else we looked. Good luck and stay safe!
20201028_173623.jpg

Woodeneye

May 23, 2007
North Orange County
Name
Chris
Boat
Striper 2300
Solid report as usual!

Reactions: longboard85

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
Mar 9, 2011
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
""
Boat
24'custom
Thanks for that call out brotha! we just finished up fishing YT at the 371 when we got your call. Hopped on the radio with you right after and got there just in time for a single dance with a YF each before them dogs shut it down. Man at one point there were about 12 dogs that could be counted. Also got our limits of them nicer dodo as well! Man this years dorado bite has been awesome. That's us actually behind you in the photo of you hold your 2 dorado. I knew that was you over the radio as we were talking. Thank you agin for the call out... o and I think you missed blue boat guy! He could of pulled a water skier behind him as he approached the patty!

You rock brotha! Another beautiful day on the water.

longboard85

Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Thanks for that call out brotha! we just finished up fishing YT at the 371 when we got your call. Hopped on the radio with you right after and got there just in time for a single dance with a YF each before them dogs shut it down. Man at one point there were about 12 dogs that could be counted. Also got our limits of them nicer dodo as well! Man this years dorado bite has been awesome. That's us actually behind you in the photo of you hold your 2 dorado. I knew that was you over the radio as we were talking. Thank you agin for the call out... o and I think you missed blue boat guy! He could of pulled a water skier behind him as he approached the patty!

You rock brotha! Another beautiful day on the water.
Glad you guys got a few!! Yea those dogs killed that bite right before you guys showed up.

Cbaldwin

A whales vagina
Jul 14, 2016
La Mesa
Name
Connor Baldwin
Boat
yes
Heck yeah conditions look epic finally some better quality fish close to home. Well done. My season is done due to work and surgery so living it up through your reports. :appl:

Last edited:

Hophead

When’s the next trip
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Nice Cory! Fall fishing is here. My boat partner got into some quality on Sunday. Hope to get out soon if life doesn’t get in the way. That zone seems to be where the fish are holding.

THE GRAYS

Oct 20, 2006
Redlands
Name
The Grays
Boat
2021 Parker 2320
Congratulations, nice to see you had another epic trip!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
That’s a legit day and report.

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
Apr 22, 2013
Huntington Beach
Name
Mike
Boat
2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
Wow Cody! En fuego los pescadores! Sorry - my Spanish sucks. You are having quite a season, my friend!