Great first run!

Manbat

Aug 19, 2007
chino hills
Name
Jon
Boat
In between
Bought her in December got her out today for the first time. Replaced the fuel system, entire deck, complete rewire, custom rail, and bait system. Have a few things to finish up but the first test on the water was great. On plane immediately and did 45mph no problem. This is my first real project and I'm very happy with her! A big thanks to all the advice from guys on here when I had questions or problems I ran into along the way.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 0

Manbat

Aug 19, 2007
chino hills
Name
Jon
Boat
In between
It's a 1995 90hp force...the motor has a pretty poor reputation but I was very impressed with how it performed today.

Upvote 0

skiff

skiff
Apr 30, 2007
central coast of california
Name
Jeff
Boat
17' Radon
That boat looks insane. I had thought that there were only the three of these from Santa Barbara (with only one remaining...), but I'm stoked to see yours; looks to be in fantastic shape. I've always dug these boats, congratulations on such a nice resto job.

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
18' Olympic CC, Krystana C.
How do you like the ride? I see one now and then, I like the sheer line of the boat. Some say it is narrow so would be pretty tipsy when bottom fishng. Looks like a good handling boat when the weather turns sour.
Your boat is sweet! Good luck with her...

Upvote 0

JimmyK

Fisherman wannabe
Jun 1, 2009
Waipahu, Hawaii
Name
JimmyK
Boat
18' Olympic CC, Krystana C.
How do you like the ride? I see one now and then for sale, I like the sheer line of the boat. Some say it is narrow so would be pretty tipsy when bottom fishng. Looks like a good handling boat when the weather turns sour.
Your boat is sweet! Good luck with her...

Upvote 0

Manbat

Aug 19, 2007
chino hills
Name
Jon
Boat
In between
So far I've only had a test run on a local lake, have to make a couple more mods and I'll get it out for a sea trial. It does have a very light feel to it. Jumps on plane almost instantly and is very comfortable at troll speed and above. On anchor it may be a little tippy. This build was to accommodate my brother to fish with me within my budget. He is in a wheelchair and needs a pretty stable platform to be comfortable. She may be up for sale if it does not fit his needs...besides needing a wheelchair friendly boat it's a pretty bad ass 20 footer. I'll definitely keep my posts updated with performance results.

Upvote 0

sbsurfer

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat
29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
Great looking project built for an even better cause! Congrats on the successful splash.

Upvote 0