Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
weather hase been great in sq,calm seas,warm water,no wind and wide open fishing for reds,lings,whitefish and a solid sprinckle of yellowtail,fish'd 12/6-7 & 9 with new friends and old.
theres good miny macks for baite outside the mouth of the bay and the high spots are loaded with red tuna crabs.
new friend from yucca valley Richard shary and friends and my long time friend mr gene hong was here to fish and adventure around the sq area.
bryan shary,richard,kenny and there friend bryan from yucca valley,fishonnn&onnn.
IMG_9267.JPG

mr gene hong and friends,
IMG_9446.JPG

gene with nice reds,lots of them to be hade.
IMG_9440.JPG

water tem is 64.5 and very clean,heres a scad mack,there were a couple schools of them at the 6 fathom feeding on red crabs,i've cought and use this mack at clarion island about a thousand miles from sq.
IMG_9434.JPG

the are is loaded with red crab.
IMG_9414.JPG

by the looks of things were are going to have a warm xmas,lots of opening on the parker come on down for a fishy marryxmas.

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Capitan Juan, I'm surprised the bite is that outstanding since there are those red crabs floating around. The bite shut off when those were here at Ensenada earlier this year. Glad to see you're doing fine!

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ
Mar 11, 2006
san diego
Name
curt ljungquist
Boat
22 sea cat/16 klamath
Keep an eye on em Capt. Juan. Hope to fish next to you again next week. Its always easier when your on the water!!

cortezpirasea

Pangero
Feb 23, 2012
la mesa, ca
Name
Russell
Boat
21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
Atta Boyz! Pin a red crab on a leadhead with a swimbait... Magic.

Reactions: Captain Juan SQ

Captain Juan SQ

ARLETT DEL MAR.
May 14, 2008
San Quintin BCN mex.
Name
Captain Juan SQ.
Boat
parker 23/20.slaptail.
Sure looks like nice weather and seas to go along with that great fishing.

Believe it or not those Scad Mackerel make really good sashimi. Very similar to Spanish Mackerel that you get in a sushi restaurant.
yes its summer like weather in the day time ruffo,cool at night,its wide open out there,waytting for the winter tails to show up in mass,its looking like we will have a sunshine xmas and we deserve it after last seasons harsh weather.
i'll be in Gonzaga bay in march & april seeya there.

Tunaslam

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Way to go Juan, hope to fish with you again someday.
Feliz Navidad!

muchachos3

Nov 19, 2010
Downey, CA
Name
Joe Z.
Hola Juan GOOD TO see you out there getting them. I was hoping to get my RED and White fish fix on. I recall last two Decembers Jaime and I, and I think Wilbert went too, we were able to get up there. But as you know work is work they are slaving us down to the ground.

when IT COME TO WORK AS THEY SAY EN espanol primero lo que deja y luego lo que apendeja. Slight translation but sounds better in Spanish no disrespect. First what fills your wallet then what you decide to get fucked up on. (RUFFO a.k.a Ruffles if you read this you get it amigo)

JUAN Much RESPECT as always, but some humor in your HONOR for all of the fish catching and story telling ventures.
IMG_3314.JPG

Say hello to all the Familia, Dile a Pancho Palapas que nos vemos.

FELIZ NAVIDAD JUAN Y SU FAMILIA.

Juan and the CREW out fishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leslie. Christensen

MikeyLikesIt

did you say F I S H I N G ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Feliz Navidad Captain Juan! Hope to get down there and fish with you this year....

joezee1986

Baja Bound Salt Junkies
Sep 5, 2012
Chico, CA
Name
Joseph Zaragoza
Boat
Last Cast Ensenada / Mag Bay Lodge
Feliz Navidad compadre and that hat looks stylin!

muchachos3

Nov 19, 2010
Downey, CA
Name
Joe Z.
FELIZ NAVIDAD LE mando EL Doble Y FELIZ ANO NUEVO. As always much respect and good riddens and beginings.

Last edited: