Great deal on small flatfall-type lures!

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    Every now and then I find a special deal. Cruising around Amazon the other day I found "10 piece 80gm Fish Wow! Fishing Flat Fall jig 2.8oz Vertical Jig with Two Assist Hooks 5-Color Set" for only $44.88, sku FF80C5P10.

I thought, this has to be wrong. or else pretty crappy quality. Rigged flatfall lures for less than $5 each? But I sent off for a set, and WOW!

It came quickly, and was exactly as advertised. I'm very happy, the colors are very useful, the hooks are good, and I have found that the 80gm size is absolutely deadly on our kelp paddy dorado and tuna and yellowtail. Even my employee discount at the tackle store doesn't get this price.

So, anyone else who is a fan of smaller flatfall-style lures, you are now informed of a good deal for however long it lasts.

Upvote 0

Hismosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Oct 15, 2016
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Name
    Glenn
    Boat
    Boats n hoes
    Actually sounds pretty high price for that size and being a knockoff. Could hop over to aliexpress and find the exact ones for probably half the price

Reactions: Noms
    Upvote 0

Noms

Dirty taco maker
  • Aug 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    15 foot tin can
    Actually sounds pretty high price for that size and being a knockoff. Could hop over to aliexpress and find the exact ones for probably half the price
    You just have to put up with the shipping wait time.

Upvote 0

Cubeye

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jan 26, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Kub
    Boat
    17' Gregor
    Who's to say that the Shimano Flat Fall isn't a "knockoff" of the original design?

I have some Kanji Metal lures. Exact same design with different eyes and paint jobs. $26.00 -$28.50 each.

Upvote 0

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I've tried several Chinese makers over the past few years, and these lures were the first set that I felt were an actual value for shape and paint jobs and hooks provided. There certainly are some available for less money, but these were the first that I've found that have actually made it into my offshore tackle box and didn't just get given away.

Upvote 0