RooftopFishin

Almost A Member
Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Name
Colin
Boat
No longer a boat owner =(
Played hooky from work on 7-30-14 and it paid off! Got bait at the MB receiver and they had perfect dines that lasted all day, we had lines in the water at around 7:00AM. Trolled around the North 9 for a couple of hours for nothing, decided to head to the 182 and look for paddys along the way, trolling here and there. Couldn't find a paddy to save our life and nobody was home on the troll. Stayed at the 182 for a bit then decided to head to the 9 again, a few miles after leaving the 182 we saw some birds working and we noticed a tiny piece of kelp in the water with bait on it. Holy crap there is tuna on that thing! We pulled up and threw our dines in the water and it was game on after that. In about an hour and a half we had half limits on pretty good sized YFT, fish boiling everywhere, birds crashing, reels screaming. It was an epic afternoon! The ocean was a little messy but a good attitude goes a long way! We bought a full scoop of bait and I'm glad we did because we used a lot of bait to chum the water and that really seemed to be the key. We called another boat in to get them on the action, they said they were a little short on bait but as we were pulling away there were birds working and fish boiling around them so I hope they got on fish. If they see this I am curious to see how they did. Felt very fortunate to be on the water and experience such a great day!

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_4167.jpg

IMG_5744.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat