JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
"007" Pursuit 2870 Offshore
With Saturday being a little league double header and Sunday being Mother's Day didnt think fishing was going to happen this weekend:shithappens: Struck gold when the boss let me and a couple of my pilots take the day off:). Calvin, Matt and Steve met me at 0500 and we head out to catch some bait. First ones to the bait bouy with fish marking and once again we are haunted by the opelu curse:zelfmoord. A few more boats show up and nobody is making bait, dont feel as bad and now just want to get fishing.

Run out to the II and set the spread, no birds, no marks, no fish. We make a few passes then decide to head deep. Start to see scattered birds around 17 miles out but nothing to interesting so deeper we go. At 21 miles Calvin see's a free jumping fish in the distance so we head that way (no birds yet). As we approach the area, it appears like an oasis in the desert (big ass tree trunk with barnacles):notworthy. 330 degrees at 21 miles Haleiwa head bouy moving WSW.

First pass 28lb bull on a 7" blueberry with purple pink skirts. Good fishing for the rest of the afternoon. The wolfpack of ono was a pleasant surprise, these little dudes where jumping 5' out of the water to smash our lures. Tried dead baiting for all of 10 minutes (no bites), no need these fish where hitting anything moving 7-9 kts. Hot color was anything purple in 5-9" size. Best performer of the day was a 5" Billy bait jet head. No lost fish or lures:) but I have 7 lures in dire need of skirts and leaders (hell ya).

Total for the day 7 Mahi (155#), 5 Ono (58#), 2 Shibi and 1 Aku:2gunsfiring_v1:. Was my friends Steve's first offshore fishing trip, he brought the good karma and single malt scotch (he has an open invitation from now on:))) Great day on the water with friends and catching fish, doesn't get any better.

v/r Joe

Attachments

Irunthedeck

Gilligan
Nov 26, 2011
Kailua, Oahu
Name
Jack
Boat
Friends's boat
Great day and great catch Joe. Get me SO jealous. LOL !
My friends boat has been down for repairs and he thought he'd get it back and be ready to fish.
Not so, it's gonna be a while longer :(
We're chompin' at the bit, but I'm glad the fish we're chompin at your lures :)
Way to go !

Jus10

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Nov 27, 2010
Wahiawa
Name
Jus10
Boat
Kimi-Some
finding rubbish and holding some fish is always nice!!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:

hiloboy

Okinawaiian Sencho
Feb 26, 2009
Okinawa Japan
Name
Donald
Boat
Yamaha 25 SR Flybridge
Way to go!! (I went to high school with Steven, Waiakea '85)

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Joe, Calvin, Matt and Steve,

Banner day for sure, good thing they liked the plastic. That's a boat load of fish for sure. Good on ya...

Cheers
Pat

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
thank god for the free pass. congrats on ur catch:2gunsfiring_v1:
Thanks Sab, the boss will be getting some fresh fish for sure.

Great day, Hanapa'a big time!
Thanks Jeff

Joe, Calvin, Matt and Steve,

Banner day for sure, good thing they liked the plastic. That's a boat load of fish for sure. Good on ya...

Cheers
Pat
Thanks Pat. Glad it paid off staying close to home, still need to work on the Opelu catching before the Ahi show up in numbers. Have the right plastic but nothing beats having a dozen of those in the livewell.

Nice mahis, good going!
Thanks Lee

Way to go!! (I went to high school with Steven, Waiakea '85)
I'll let him know at work tomorrow.

Nice job Joe!
Thanks Chuck, it was nice seeing you the other day.

Great day and great catch Joe. Get me SO jealous. LOL !
My friends boat has been down for repairs and he thought he'd get it back and be ready to fish.
Not so, it's gonna be a while longer :(
We're chompin' at the bit, but I'm glad the fish we're chompin at your lures :)
Way to go !
Jack give me a call maybe I can get you guys out before the boat gets up and running.

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
Way to go and git some Joe!
Thanks K

Joe and crew, way to kill em out there.
Thanks Darren it was bloody day.

Good job man! Way to get on the fish
Thanks Kekoa

Load em up!!
Great catch Joe!!!
Thanks Mike, that we did.

Great Post - Good. Job!
Thanks James

finding rubbish and holding some fish is always nice!!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1:
Justin, Can't beat it when it happens. Makes for some crazy action in the cockpit.

hiloboy

Okinawaiian Sencho
Feb 26, 2009
Okinawa Japan
Name
Donald
Boat
Yamaha 25 SR Flybridge
Don,
Steve is a great guy lucky to have him as a friend. I believe he may be hooked on fishing now and Myra will want to kill me.
v/r Joe
That he is! Thank you guys for your service!
I haven't had the fortune of meeting his wife, but she'll get over it... mine did!:hali_olutta:

Pupule

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 16, 2010
Ewa Beach
Name
Todd
Boat
22 ft Islander
Good on you for charging on to find that floater. That's a nice haul! Good job, Joe and crew!

russell kato

"Kamoku"
Jul 24, 2009
Honolulu, HI
Name
russ
Boat
15' Arima - Kamoku
Joe and crew,
Now that is what I call a nice haul! Gotta appreciate the times when the the fish cooperate! I was wondering where all the fish had gone to....I guess they left the banks and headed north! Congrats!

JROLAND

"Wings of Lightning"
Jun 22, 2009
Haleiwa, Hawaii
Name
JOE ROLAND
Boat
Joe and crew,
Now that is what I call a nice haul! Gotta appreciate the times when the the fish cooperate! I was wondering where all the fish had gone to....I guess they left the banks and headed north! Congrats!
Thanks Russ, hoping this will be a good summer. Need to make up for the Ahi seasons spent in lovely Afghanistan.