kevina

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Both boats you mentioned are good, But I would seriously consider going on the San Diego out of SeaForth Sportfishing!!! Just go back and look at the fish counts for the Liberty, Grande and the San Diego, It may shock you with the numbers the San Diego post compared to the other 2. Just my 2 cents, Good luck with whoever you choose :cheers:.

coueshunter

Well-Known "Member"
Apr 3, 2011
Flagstaff, AZ
Name
Shelton B.
Boat
Looking for one. =)
Thanks for the advice! Chose the liberty and it looks like we caught a few more than the grande. Ended up being a really nice day . Our group of 6 (4 new tuna fishermen and my dad and I) ended up with 11 standard sized yfts.

The captain worked really hard and fished until 5pm which was unexpected but also really awesome. We ended up finding the fish near the 302 around 1pm so only got 4 hours of fishing but it was definitely worth the trip!

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Spaghetti Madness
San Diego > Liberty > (Mission Belle= Grande)

Just my opinion. But I’d be happy on any of them.

QuailSlayer

Aug 3, 2014
Coastal - San Diego North County
Name
jj
Boat
Got one
Do you know what became of the Van Tuna? Its Wikipedia page said it became a research vessel for Occidental College, then Cal State Long Beach, before being sold to some people in the sportfishing industry in San Diego in 2008.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RV_Vantuna
We ran into VANTUNA out in Avalon end of summer 2019. Beautiful vessel, pics don’t do it justice. Saw it this weekend slipped up.
B7FBA7D1-CBA9-472F-B121-7199252D01EC.jpeg

Highwayman

Jun 25, 2015
Name
Sammy
Boat
None
I just googled it too. It is a good looking boat. Where is it docked?

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Not conducive for fishing a hot fish down/up the rail; three posts on each side to pass your pole around. No thank you.

Also looks like the exhaust may come out mid ship. No thanks again.

Steve Francis

Sep 11, 2006
--
Name
StephenKatSea
Boat
.--.
Not conducive for fishing a hot fish down/up the rail; three posts on each side to pass your pole around. No thank you.

Also looks like the exhaust may come out mid ship. No thanks again.
Appears you're referencing the photo of the Vantuna, which is actually kind of funny. This is NOT a passenger carrying sportfishing vessel. It is now a privately owned yacht. Perhaps the majority of the fish ever caught from this vessel were Albacore lift poled from racks at the stern of the vessel by its original owner, Gilbert VanCamp.