CAM38

Almost A Member
May 13, 2014
Seabeck
Name
Cam
Boat
16' Tiderunner
Not a big electronics guy so help me out guys, I have a lowrance 5 with chirp, the 83/200/400/800 duce now, I'd like to get a lowrance 7 to use as the FF and use the 5 for gps, what's the best way, is there a splitter I can use so I can pick which is which and have both on one? Can I power both off the same battery leads?

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Ethernet cable on the back is the yellow plug. That and the NMEA-2000 Network will slow the two to talk and share info. And I would run them on their own power wire to the fuse panel. Each needs to be fused properly.

Reactions: Fog Ducker!
    Upvote 0

CAM38

Almost A Member
    May 13, 2014
    Seabeck
    Name
    Cam
    Boat
    16' Tiderunner
    Gotcha, I have a couple empty fuse spots, splice the inbound wire before the panel and run it to an empty slot, put a fuse in and go to the second screen?

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
    Oct 18, 2012
    San Diego
    Name
    Tanner
    Boat
    1997 Proline 23 W/A
    Gotcha, I have a couple empty fuse spots, splice the inbound wire before the panel and run it to an empty slot, put a fuse in and go to the second screen?
    He was saying that you should have each with their own complete wire and space on the block. So no splicing I'm guessing.

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    So need seperate leads all the way from the battery bank? Damn
    No, your main +, -, lines from your battery to your fuse panel and ground buss bar. From that you put two fuses in for your head units. 3 or 5amp fuses. (Your manual will tell you how big a fuse needed) at the fuse panel you run power from the fuse terminal connection to your head unit. The negative wire goes to the Neg. buss bar. Easy peasy.

Upvote 0