Gotta give up Ho Ho's

Discussion in 'Nonsense Anything Boards' started by Fishbones, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Fishbones

Fishbones Your wife thinks about ME

Name:
    Rich
    Boat:
    One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
  2. umoa

umoa silent

Name:
    jimmy
    Boat:
    18' starcraft "big knockers"
    that is what happens to fucking idiots.

3. gecsr1

gecsr1 28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"

Name:
    Gary
    Boat:
    28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
    Maybe "TastyCakes" will expand....

4. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    18,500 picket themselves out of a job. Interesting strategy.

5. maddox51

maddox51 Newbie

Name:
    kevin maddox
    Boat:
    none
    some one has a box on ebay for $10,000,000,00. Life is over as we know it. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6. penn25

penn25 Newbie

Hawaii but grew up in Southern California
    Name:
    Paul
    Boat:
    Lucky Dog (retired)
    For those that are or have spent thousands to acquire large quantities of Hostess products for resale at ridiculous prices IT"S NOT A DONE DEAL. I sure hope you like your Twinkies as you may be stuck with them. LMAO!

7. Mikieb

Mikieb Member

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Crash & Burn
    I'm gonna miss my taco shaped cherry pies ! :drool:

8. leadslinger

leadslinger Ship of Fools

Name:
    Adam
    Boat:
    Mako 232 cc - Lead Slinger
    Orange flavored cupcakes in the morning before heading out.

9. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"

surely there will be a twinkie bailout!!!!

10. knucklehead65

knucklehead65 Captain

Name:
    Greg
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler Montauk 210
    Pink Snow Balls while waiting for the Lobster to crawl...

11. Gmoyer

Gmoyer Member

Name:
    Gary Moyer
    Boat:
    38' Bertram - Los Lobos

Attached Files:

12. drseiler

drseiler Super-Model

Name:
    Hal Danish or Harry Tators
    Boat:
    19' Mako
    I have to say that this is one of the most Un-American things to happen in my lifetime. I have had a a hostess product almost everyday for 30 years. I am really not happy about this. As for the union fuck them. I'll bet all the workers lost jobs but the reps still have theirs and are telling them we are working for you. I know someone will take over and create the same product. I just hope those workers that wanted this are told to screw themselves when they line up for the new cupcake job.

13. stairman

stairman ......

Name:
    doug
    Boat:
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    unions are parasitic entities that are sometimes willing to kill thhe host....

or in this case the hosttess

14. Crashmister

Crashmister Newbie

Name:
    Pat Dirindin
    Boat:
    BankShot (shopping)
    Of course it's the union's. All they had to do was take a 50% pay and benefit cut.
    Hostess Blames Union For Bankruptcy After Tripling CEO’s Pay

By Annie-Rose Strasser on Nov 16, 2012 at 3:50 pm
    [​IMG]Today, Hostess Brands inc. — the company famed for its sickly sweet dessert snacks like Twinkies and Sno Balls — announced they’d be shuttering after more than eighty years of production.
    But while headlines have been quick to blame unions for the downfall of the company there’s actually more to the story: While the company was filing for bankruptcy, for the second time, earlier this year, it actually tripled its CEO’s pay, and increased other executives’ compensation by as much as 80 percent.
    At the time, creditors warned that the decision signaled an attempt to “sidestep” bankruptcy rules, potentially as a means for trying to keep the executive at a failing company. The Confectionery, Tobacco Workers & Grain Millers International Union pointed this out in their written reaction to the news that the business is closing:
    BCTGM members are well aware that as the company was preparing to file for bankruptcy earlier this year, the then CEO of Hostess was awarded a 300 percent raise (from approximately $750,000 to $2,550,000) and at least nine other top executives of the company received massive pay raises. One such executive received a pay increase from $500,000 to $900,000 and another received one taking his salary from $375,000 to $656,256.
    Certainly, the company agreed to an out-sized pension debt, but the decision to pay executives more while scorning employee contracts during a bankruptcy reflects a lack of good managerial judgement.
    It also follows a trend of rising CEO pay in times of economic difficulty. At the manufacturing company Caterpillar, for example, they froze workers’ pay while boosting their CEO’s pay to $17 million. And at Citigroup, CEO Vikram Pandit received $6.7 million for crashing his company, walking off with $260 million after the business lost 88 percent of its value.

15. Tues

Tues Not my job...

Name:
    Penis
    Yes, labor is PART of the issue, but the sugar tariffs are equally to blame. Another reason Bimbo (Mexican company) wants to purchase the brand...

16. Bank Robber

Bank Robber Hyperbolist

Name:
    Dean
    Boat:
    F/V Bank Robber
    Walter Cronkite is rolling in his grave. This is a lefty opinion website there are a bunch of righties too. These sites don't report the news so take it with a grain of salt. There are too many commentary/opinion media groups out there. If you get your news from Facebook or 80% of the places on the internet it is bias. The facts are hard to see. Do I believe that some high level executives would give them selves huge raises before an anticipated bankruptcy and try to blame it on their employees? Hell yes LOL These guys think they are as entitled as the poor do. If after all is said and done there is a Twinkie gap some hard working Americans will fill it. Or not :)

17. drseiler

drseiler Super-Model

Name:
    Hal Danish or Harry Tators
    Boat:
    19' Mako
    If I was a CEO and I knew that this was going to happen which I am sure they did way ahead of time (both sides). I would give myself that money also. I think it was going down long before this came about. I will say that unions are not what they once were. Take the food workers unions. (And yes this is close to my home front) but I still feel that it's insane that to scan food (not meat cutters) but scanners get payed close to 40 usd an hour and then triple time on holidays. I worked for a long, long time doing supermarket refrigeration and keeping 638 major stores (safeway, kroger,ralphs and albertsons) around the USA running and let me tell you it's a scam on why our milk is 5 buck a gal. So if the hostess company wants to blame the unions, then I am sure the unions had more to do with the closure than we know. I worked union for a long time and will never go bak to one. Now the iron workers union or trades like electrical and so on are a good thing in certain areas of the country but not all areas. In big market cities fine, in small town america the unioun scales kill any project due to cost. All I want is a chocodile dammit and as for Bimbo that product sucks unless your in mexico and thats all they have and your drunk, then they are great. The sad thing is a piece of an Americana staple has fallen due to money.

18. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Not over
    The strikes began after Hostess imposed a contract cutting workers' wages by 8 percent. The union said the contract also cut benefits by 27 percent to 32 percent.

Is there anyone who hasn't taken a pay cut since 05? Poor things. Stuffing cupcakes into a box must be back breaking work.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57552335/hope-for-twinkies-as-hostess-union-go-to-mediation/

BK is the ONLY option to out of whack contracts when you don't have revenue to cover. I see SD City there someday. No money = no money.

19. Gil Marlin

Gil Marlin World Peace? Visualize Using Your Turn Indicator

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    19.655' Aluminum
    10 million obese Americans are having anxiety attacks right now... :D

Attached Files:

20. Omarkayak

Omarkayak Member

Name:
    Bills
    Boat:
    11+ ft, Ocean Kayak Scrambler, P 'N' Queue Pod
    Give up ho-ho's? Dang. Already gave up ho's and now this.

Good fishin'!
    BDC OK